All things bubbly

Lulley766

Hello all,

I'm a huge fan of cava (and occasionally prosecco) if it's not too sweet. Does anyone know if this is offered as part of the complimentary beverages on the Quest? If they don't offer champagne (which I assume they don't), this might be a good alternative, given some cavas are less costly than the wines they offer.

Any responses would be appreicated.

Mary

It is very disappointing that no sparkling wines are on the complimentary list.

Many Azmara cruisers have complained about this and we have been told that an evaluation of everyone's comments will be reviewed at some point.

I am not holding my breath.

Complimentary sparkling wine is served at the Cruise Critic Meet and Mingle and other events held during the cruise.

As part of the Le Club Voyage loyalty programme you also get a bottle of complimentary Champagne in your cabin....but it certainly isn't a vintage brand. It's quite acceptable mixed with some Cassis for a Kir Royale or Peach puree for a Bellini though....and the bar staff will happily provide you with some. :)

Mary, if you look on Azamara's website you can see exactly what beverages are included as complimentary. http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/plan-your-voyage/onboard-packages/complimentary-beverages

Hi, din929 Thank you so much for the link to Azamara complimentary

beverages. I had been looking on Az site for the list without success - then

I came across your post .........

I have printed it off and it will be most useful on our upcoming Azamara

cruise. Hapicruisin

Thanks for posting the list, Deirdre. Since I'm not a red wine drinker (migrane type headaches), don't care for many white wines, and can handle very little hard liquor, I do enjoy beer but it's silly they have taken Coor's light off the drinks that are on the complimentary package. It was on their lowest level drink package last time. I wish they would add that back to the list. It's actually a little less expensive than Bud light here in the states.

Azamara...are you listening? :rolleyes:

I don't recall ever seeing Coors on the list. From the beginning I remember it being only Bud, Bud Light, and Beck's--all from the same company.

When we paid for our drink package in 2012, it was on the list. I don't remember what our drink package was called but it was the lowest level package.

Thanks for posting the list, Deirdre. Since I'm not a red wine drinker (migrane type headaches), don't care for many white wines, and can handle very little hard liquor, I do enjoy beer but it's silly they have taken Coor's light off the drinks that are on the complimentary package. It was on their lowest level drink package last time. I wish they would add that back to the list. It's actually a little less expensive than Bud light here in the states.

Azamara...are you listening? :rolleyes:

Midwestchick!!!! It's only $2.50 to buy a Coors Light if you really want one. Surely that's not going to break the bank. Or you could drink Bud Light gratis. Have you tried it? You might like it. We drink nothing but craft beer from our local breweries here in Indy but on board the Quest we made do with Becks. And much to our surprise it actually tasted pretty good! You might find the complimentary Bud Light the same and not miss your customary Coors Light one bit. ;)

Midwestchick!!!! It's only $2.50 to buy a Coors Light if you really want one. Surely that's not going to break the bank. Or you could drink Bud Light gratis. Have you tried it? You might like it. We drink nothing but craft beer from our local breweries here in Indy but on board the Quest we made do with Becks. And much to our surprise it actually tasted pretty good! You might find the complimentary Bud Light the same and not miss your customary Coors Light one bit. ;)

Guess I'll have to give it a try...I'll probably buy some Bud light and Becks for home and try it before we sail. You're right, $2.50 is reasonable but I still think they should offer the Coors. I'll probably bring some Peroni back from shopping in ports for our room. I really did like the Peroni. I'm pretty sure they allow that...I know we brought wine back in '12 from a couple of places to bring home with us for DH.

I agree that Azamara should included a Cava in their included list. It costs $4 per bottle, what's to lose? I think a bunch of us out there love our sparkling wine over other more expensive wines that they serve and this could be a great alternative. At my company we always weigh cost vs impact to decide what we're going go with and in this case it's a no brainer.

I agree that Azamara should included a Cava in their included list. It costs $4 per bottle, what's to lose? I think a bunch of us out there love our sparkling wine over other more expensive wines that they serve and this could be a great alternative. At my company we always weigh cost vs impact to decide what we're going go with and in this case it's a no brainer.

In theory it's not a bad idea (I love cava!) but I can only imagine the stink that would be raised if Azamara started serving $4 bottles of cava. "They say they're a luxury line and you wouldn't believe the cheap plonk they were serving!" and so forth and so on. If you look back at some old posts from last summertime or so, it was discussed and debated and there was all sorts of angst good and bad about the decision to not include bubbly.

I totally understand the discussion would create. But, you can partake or not - to each his own. Personally, I would rather have a $4 bottle of cava than a Bud any day. But, like I said, to each his own. Would just like to have the option offered, that's all.