Packing Cubes

Let's just say my carry-on is no threat for TSA..........everything neat & no "unmentionables" to be seen. Organized and easy to just pull out and find what you need without digging through the suitcase, like I used to. Packing is a breeze and I save so much time that I would spend looking for things. Wouldn't pack without them now.:)

I keep both our clothes separate and can get several of DH's knit shirts folded in one of the larger (not huge) cubes. Usually my undies and bras are in one and knit tops rolled in another. A third holds odds and ends for hair, etc along with small jewelry pouches. If we've got different segments to trips, I try to pack accordingly so don't have to get in some until later in trip. (Ex. pre-cruise days) One set I bought at Ross came with shoe pouch which was handy. Only have two colors but this thread has got me in the mood to buy more so can arrange "better". (Any old excuse to shop! Thanks to the OP)

Anyone use them? Do they actually save room?

Room? No - but love them for organizing within the suitcase - and very easy for unpacking and repacking.

More important for us since we travel as a family of four. I used to use the ziploc bags - but found they actually caused trouble with overweight issues, and it is much easier to fit adult size clothing in the packing cubes.

I have a set of packing cubes and can see the benefit, but just can't bring myself to use them - they are very lightweight - I believe all 3 are supposedly less than one lb - but I need every OUNCE I can get and don't feel I can spare the weight :)

Edited by Froufie

• 9 months later...

I just posted about these in another thread:

http://www.luglife.com/Cargo-5pc-packing-kit

Just picked them up today...I have lots of Lug products and they are very well made and have very good warranties on everything.

I'm not going to lie. I kind of want to do a packing test run to see how much they will hold :) They are quite deep compared to some other more expensive brands. I love the yellow shoe bag/dirty laundry bag.