Checking for Price Drop??

dltvermont

I see so many people finding price drops and getting OBC etc. Is there an easy way to do this? We are on the Breeze April 19th and would like to monitor this.

Carnival Fare Viewer is good for checking prices. http://www.Carnival.com/BookingEngine/FareViewer

However, if you qualify for Military, you should do a mock booking on Carnival.com. We would have missed the Military Appreciation Sale last week if I hadn't check their website. Military is not listed on Fare Viewer.

You can do a mock booking or you can go to carnival.com/fareviewer. You need to match the exact cabin category you have booked. Not just the cabin type. If you booked under the early saver rate, you can get price drops up to 2days before your sailing. Most other rates you can get price drops only until your final payment due date.

Here is the form you use for early saver. Not sure if you use the same form if you are booked under another rate. And if you booked through a travel agent, they will have to do the adjustment for you. Just call them. http://www.carnival.com/request-forms/price-protection-claim.aspx

Any other specific questions, just ask.

OK I just checked the fare viewer. It only let you choose "balcony" not 8C balcony etc. I am assuming the price given is base fare for the room before any taxes, charges etc are added? I see it looks a bit less than what I paid but as I said, I cant specify the exact room category??

scratch that.....just saw I didnt go far enough!!

Edited by dltvermont

Looks like its $30 less than what I paid for the base cruise fare. When is it worth it to make a "claim"?

$30 would be worth it to me,especially if it was pp!

FYI we just scored $440 OBC the other day and are still hoping for more.

Edited by WindsorFred

Simple answer is YES. My niece made a booking in Nov 2013 as ES and watched rates constantly and rates never dropped. The cruise is 11/28/2014. Last week for the first time the rate dropped and they have $240 OBC.

BTW, if the taxes are higher you have to pay the new pricing and may not get as much OBC. BTW filling out a form that takes me five minutes is worth $10 so I would definitely apply for re-fare at almost any amount. Why throw away money? Of course I am Scottish and pick up coins off the sidewalk.

Any OBC would be nice to have. It was $30 total for the room. I also noted $50 change in my kids room across the hall. Can I do a request form more than once if it continues to change?

Mock bookings are the only safe way. I track through CC but would ave missed one that ran from Saturday to Thursday because CC reports on Fridays. This board helped me get my last drop on the Carnival Sensation. I was early saver and ended up with $245 in OBC. They gave me cash $135 at the end of the cruise. By the way, everyone on that ship was amazing. The food was delicious and we did get Maine lobster and prime rib. Never had to wait on Your Time Dining and service was spectacular.

OK I just checked the fare viewer. It only let you choose "balcony" not 8C balcony etc. I am assuming the price given is base fare for the room before any taxes, charges etc are added? I see it looks a bit less than what I paid but as I said, I cant specify the exact room category??

scratch that.....just saw I didnt go far enough!!

you have to know what you paid for cruise fare only with using that site.

• 2 weeks later...

If your category is sold out, there is no way to get a price drop unless someone cancels and the category opens up. Then you have to make sure it has the same passenger capacity. You can call and request an upgrade but then you give up the cabin you have if Carnival grants it.

We have a 6K booked for the second year in a row. The minute we did it the category sold out as there are only two 6Ks on any ship that has them. And all but the Sunshine has them set up as one quad, one double. Chance of a price drop=zero.

Edited by cruizinisthebest

What happens if your category is sold out? I have a 8N cabin for 3 booked on the Dream for 9/13/15. How do I check for price drops? Thanks for your help. :D:D

You would check the same way no matter what category.

You should be aware that those aft extended balconies are limited in number and very sought after locations. If your category is sold out you can not price match. What would you price match to?

I would share with you to continue to attempt as you never know what happens. There could be a cancelation and one open up.

Question...

We have already received a small onboard credit for our upcoming Jan. Cruise.

When looking at price drops, do I compare the prices based off my current lower price? When I got my first price drop, it was a sale when all categories were the price of a 4A. We are booked in a 4F. I haven't seen ANYTHING in our category since then - all the cheap prices seem to be for the lower categories and then when you get past 4A, the prices all seem to JUMP!!

Amazingly, I happened to check the Carnival site and saw that the price for my cruise had dropped dramatically for Cyber Monday. I immediately called my rep at Carnival and was able to get upgrades from ocean views to balconies plus about $185 per cabin credit for the 4 cabins I had booked for my family. This will be our 6th cruise and it's the first time I've ever had that happen. Needless to say, my family is thrilled and can't wait to go.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app