Cunard Queen Mary 2 - Westbound Transatlantic - 09/20/2015

Bostonjetset

• 2 weeks later...

I thought I would give you a second welcome to QM2 on this board. You will find there is always a good Friends of Dorothy crowd aboard. Gatherings have been in the past about 5 pm in the Comodore Club port side. Its on 10 deck forward. Check the daily newsletter, including boarding day, for details.

Cheers Mike.

I thought I would give you a second welcome to QM2 on this board. You will find there is always a good Friends of Dorothy crowd aboard. Gatherings have been in the past about 5 pm in the Comodore Club port side. Its on 10 deck forward. Check the daily newsletter, including boarding day, for details.

Cheers Mike.

Thanks Mike! We have late seating for dinner so 5pm will plenty of time to mingle over some pre-dinner drinks!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Tomas, I am pleased your sailing on QM2 for the third time, I am sure you will enjoy it again. This thread is for the 20th September Westbound. Your welcome to post here of course, but there may also be one for your cruise on 11th August. Cheers Mike.

First crossing for DH and I. Very excited to FINALLY be on QM2!!

Who else is on this voyage? :D

We've been on the QM2 5 times. Our favorite ship. If you did not "lock" in a room, you may find a upgrade will come along. Cunard is well known for this. I feel you guys will have a blast! If you dress like your "icon" shows, you'll fit right in!

We've been on the QM2 5 times. Our favorite ship. If you did not "lock" in a room, you may find a upgrade will come along. Cunard is well known for this. I feel you guys will have a blast! If you dress like your "icon" shows, you'll fit right in!

We did pick a room when we booked but said to mark us for possible upgrades when she asked. Not sure if we'll get one or not but I'm happy just to be on the QM2! I've waited so long to finally sail her...we always ended up getting pulled into another direction as far as holiday time so this year I said "we're doing QM2!". HAHA

• 3 weeks later...

Keith, welcome to the thread. I hope there will be more than 6 of us at the Friends meetings in the Commodore Club. I guess there are just folks who don't know about this thread. If so, make youselves known. Mike

Edited by Bigmike911

• 3 weeks later...

Well I got my suite assignment, booked my luggage shipment over and back and made bookings for dinners in London, so this is getting real now. Are there other "Friends" on this crossing who have not made themselves known, if so say hi?

Well I got my suite assignment, booked my luggage shipment over and back and made bookings for dinners in London, so this is getting real now. Are there other "Friends" on this crossing who have not made themselves known, if so say hi?

YAY!! It is coming closer and closer. DH and I are getting very excited for this trip. I haven't been to London in 9 years so I'm looking forward to spending a few days there pre-Mary as well :D

Hello Bigmike911 and all. I am a personal care assistant for an elderly gentleman and will be crossing west to east September 4-11 and then east to west September 20-27. I was on this amazing ship last Jan/Feb for 7 weeks and am looking forward to logging more miles aboard!

K-Cruises15, Welcome to the thread, glad to see you will be joining us on the crossing. Your really going to enjoy this summer with an over and back, aren't you? She is quite the nicest of any ship on the ocean, including the something for everyone mega ships that ply the caribbean. In fact after 14 cruises including QV and QE, I have decided if I cannot go on QM2, I may as well stay home.

You'll love the QM2. DH took me on her for my birthday a few years ago. We were also in London a few days prior. I recommend Smith's for Airports for car service to Southampton if you haven't arranged your transportation. We loved that you set your clocks back an hour most every day! We had gotten upgraded to the Princess Grills due to a hurricane that had hit New England and had prevented some folks not being able to fly to London. I guess it was one way to get an upgrade!

Thank you Mike. I agree... Even though I have been on just one other ship (Carnival Valor - Caribbean 2006) I do think that QM2 is very special. She is a true and elegant ocean liner and a gem to cross the Atlantic on. No other ship out there can navigate rough seas as she does. The seven weeks I spent on her this past winter were truly remarkable and I considered her my home away from home. The gentleman I am assisting turns 98 in a couple weeks. Hopefully all goes well and I will meet you in just over a month. K

Edited by K_Cruises15

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Hello Bigmike911 and all. I am a personal care assistant for an elderly gentleman and will be crossing west to east September 4-11 and then east to west September 20-27. I was on this amazing ship last Jan/Feb for 7 weeks and am looking forward to logging more miles aboard!

If it happens to be Mr. Knight you're with please tell him Stuart Cohen, from NYC, says hi. He was with Maria 11/2013 and we shared a table in QG.

A wonderful man.

Its Friday 18th September One more day before departure. One last chance to make your self known.

Stu from NYC it looks like we are going to have a small pleasant group this time. I would love to do Hamburg next year but the last Crossing is 30 August, too early for me to get a 'deal' So I will fly to Hamburg, see the Miniatur Wunderland, fly over to London and go back in October or November instead.

Mike