ncl. ultimate drink package READ / CALL

ncldawn

OK. On the ncl gem right now. The ultimate drink package, and all drinks consists of the following menu.

Believe it or not...this is the only menu available for mixed drinks.

Every bar on the ship is using this menu as of 2/27. People are not happy.

Menu photo to follow...

OK. On the ncl gem right now. The ultimate drink package, and all drinks consists of the following menu.

Menu photo to follow...

Eh?

Menu photo to follow...

Waiting.....

Obviously I haven't seen the menu. But, according to NCL's website:

https://www.ncl.com/promo/ultimate-beverage-package/terms

"Norwegian's Ultimate Beverage Package includes a variety of spirits, cocktails, wines by the glass and bottled or draft beer up to and including $11 and unlimited fountain soda and juices at all bars, lounges, restaurants and the Great Stirrup Cay. A 20% discount will be applied to all bottles of wine purchased on board.

The Ultimate Beverage Package does not include room service, package sales, ship specific promotions or beer buckets, designated Super Premium brands (subject to change), bottled wine, mini bar purchases, bottled water, fresh squeezed juices, select Lavazza coffee beverages, energy drinks, vending machines, wine stations or spirits, cocktails, draft or bottled beer and glasses of wine over $11. One (1) beverage per person per transaction. Package can be used in all restaurants, lounges, bars and Great Stirrup Cay.

A 18% gratuity will be added to all package purchases; your check may reflect applicable VAT for certain ports or itineraries. Packages must be purchased by all qualifying individuals residing in the stateroom or additional staterooms under the same method of payment for the entire length of the cruise. Packages may not be shared and are non-transferable and non-refundable. You must be at least 21 years of age to purchase any alcoholic package and to consume alcohol. See the terms of our guest alcohol policy. Other terms and conditions may apply. This package is not available for purchase on charters, sailings that are two (2) days or less and Pride of America. Also not available for guests under the age of 25 years old on domestic itineraries during blackout dates of March 1 – April 15, applies to sailings that includes these dates. Blackout dates do not apply to Norwegian Jade or Norwegian Spirit for 2015 itineraries."

Harriet

I'm hoping other people on this ship will chime in, as lots of people are complaining. I'll send menu pics when I have a better connection. When I asked if I could print out the drink menu from gambi, as an example, I was told no.

I'm going to print out the Terms for the Ultimate Beverage Pkg. and take it with me as it says ALL drinks up to and including $11.00.

Harriet

All drinks 10 and under, but the drinks that were available on other trips (70 or so) have been wittled down to about 10.. Its crazy.

I'm hoping other people on this ship will chime in, as lots of people are complaining. I'll send menu pics when I have a better connection. When I asked if I could print out the drink menu from gambi, as an example, I was told no.

Don't let it ruin your cruise. [emoji572]️

Maybe it's a temporary spring break thing.

Edited by Leavethekidswithmom

It's just frustrating, because nobody knows what to order, and, for example, if you want grey goose and vodka, you have to order a greygoose, shot.. +. A glass of orange juice.. Otherwise, and if you are not paying attention, you will be charged 10.50. I had to ask the bartender to void the transaction. You really have to pay attention, or it could prove costly.

Again, this is new today. So, people on prior cruises, need not respond, as indeed you had a full menu, but going forward, the menu has shrunk by a huge %.

It's just frustrating, because nobody knows what to order, and, for example, if you want grey goose and vodka, you have to order a greygoose, shot.. +. A glass of orange juice.. Otherwise, and if you are not paying attention, you will be charged 10.50. I had to ask the bartender to void the transaction. You really have to pay attention, or it could prove costly.

Again, this is new today. So, people on prior cruises, need not respond, as indeed you had a full menu, but going forward, the menu has shrunk by a huge %.

Feel free to take pics and email them to me and I can spend the time getting them uploaded here. I am beyond curious

connied76@gmail.com

Edited by conandrob240

Higher than that. Think Del Rio.

I'm still very confused about this 'menu'. I don't care if what I want to drink is on a 'menu' or not....

If they have it and can make it and it's $11.00 or less I should be able to get it with the UBP.......IMHO, of course.

Harriet

I am hoping beyond hope that this is all a huge mistake. What kind of logic prompts a cruise line to limit the variety of cocktails to 10? They've spent years crafting all the different martinis, mojitos, margaritas and more - in addition to the countless standards. Cocktail consumption is a huge money maker for cruise lines, so to limit the variety in this way is completely counter-intuitive. With or without the UBP, if theres no variety, there are no customers at the bar.

If they're looking to increase profits, this is a bizarre direction to follow.

No, $11.

It appears the Terms of the UBP have been updated VERY recently to say $11.

http://www.ncl.com/promo/ultimate-beverage-package/terms

I'm hoping (fingers crossed) that this information is just a miss-communication from corporate and the ship bartenders and that maybe the CC is unfortunately caught in the in between pricing (from 10 - 11).