Driving myself crazy....

jdragr

OK, I know that my cruise is in 1 week and I really should have already booked excursions. But I can't decide what to do where. I know many of you have been helping with advice already and you are probably tired of the questions. We are sailing on the Dream and will be in Montego Bay. We have narrowed it down to Hilton Rose Hall or Dunns River Falls. Yes, I know they are very different. I would love to Dunns River Falls because it is something different than just another beach. But I have hard that the 2 hour ride is long and that the Falls are crowded. Blue Hole is not an option for this family. Dh is not interested in Blue Hole. So is Dunns Rivers amazing enough that we shouldn't miss it? Also is it safe? Thanks!!!

Once I figure this one out I can figure out my other two ports...maybe. :)

DRF is great

but NOT worth a bus ride from MB

been to DRF MANY times ... as well as MB .... I'd not spend time in a bus to get to DRF

from Ocho, a 10 min ride from the pier ... not worth it from other ports.

DRF is great

but NOT worth a bus ride from MB

been to DRF MANY times ... as well as MB .... I'd not spend time in a bus to get to DRF

from Ocho, a 10 min ride from the pier ... not worth it from other ports.

Thanks so much...what I needed to hear. :)

I think it would depend on if this is a once in a lifetime cruise experience, or you will be going back again someday.

I think Dunn's River Falls is something that everyone should experience at least once. The ride from Montego Bay (while long, if the traffic is light, might be an hour and a half) and the scenery along the way is beautiful. The highway runs along the ocean and you get to see Discovery Bay along with Falmouth and a few other little towns. I like the ride.

I think the question would be do you ever see yourself doing another cruise to Jamaica? If so, maybe one to Falmouth or better yet Ocho Rios would better serve DRF. If not, I'd make the trip. It's really a cool experience!!!

I think it would depend on if this is a once in a lifetime cruise experience, or you will be going back again someday.

I think Dunn's River Falls is something that everyone should experience at least once. The ride from Montego Bay (while long, if the traffic is light, might be an hour and a half) and the scenery along the way is beautiful. The highway runs along the ocean and you get to see Discovery Bay along with Falmouth and a few other little towns. I like the ride.

I think the question would be do you ever see yourself doing another cruise to Jamaica? If so, maybe one to Falmouth or better yet Ocho Rios would better serve DRF. If not, I'd make the trip. It's really a cool experience!!!

I agree. We have been to DRF and I am grateful that we climbed the falls. We went with a group of 14 that included people that were 11 years old to late 40s. The ride was interesting with the driver telling about Jamaica, its history, and culture.

I'd say to go for it but only if it was a CCL excursion. Too much can happen to make you late back to the ship on a private excursion. See you on board!

Edited by momof4boys

Wow, "something everyone should experience at least once!?" Tell me more! I have a hard time imagining what could be so special -- I have never been to Jamaica, but apparently you might be able to convince me that I should go, for DRF, if for nothing else!