Constellation as a good Celebrity cruises?

NOSaints1

How's the entertainment, do you feel crowded on Celebrity ships, how easy is it to find your way around? We found on Carnival to get to one place you would have to go up a flight of stairs than back down.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think you are referring to the Spirit class on Carnival. It is not the greatest layout.

All decks are straight thru on the Constellation or M class. You may have to walk around to the other side but you will still be on the same deck. The only time you need to use the stairs or elevators is to get to another deck.

Cruise on 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

This is GREAT information and guidance. My first ever cruise last year was on a Connie 4 night trip. I got a last minute deal getting the penthouse for only $4200. It spoiled me, and got me hooked.

The point about customs and key west is a good one. I did connie this spring and had to do the early morning clearance thing and it was sill, but had to be done. US customs require you to clear customs at the "first port of entry" after visiting foreign ports, so we dod Lauderdale to Cozumel (foreign) to KeyWest, and to clear customs, to Fort Lauderdale, which I swear we again had to clear customs, if memory serves me.

The other routing it is FLL to Key West (no need to clear customs, as no foreign ports had yet been visited) then Coz, then FLL to clear customs when leaving the cruise.

We just booked the 5 night for 12/7/15 - Key West is 2nd. Forgot about the customs thing. Oh well. We're going to have the same issue with Bar Harbor on our Ruby Princess Canada/NE cruise this fall, so I'll have some experience with this 'first port of entry' annoyance.

• 3 months later...

Gimlet Gal, good to see your input. Looking forward to meeting you on the Thanksgiving cruise. Haven't been on the Connie, yet. I've heard great things about her. I have a 'sweet 16' balcony on deck 6 for the 5 night cruise. My sister is a teacher, which required the short cruise. I usually stick to 7 nights or longer. My husband and I did our first Celebrity Cruise on the Summit last year to Bermuda. We'd done Norwegian, Cunard, Holland American, Seaborn, and Carnival previously. The Summit is a bit old, and even refurbished, has issues. Small issues, soft spots in flooring and things such as that. We got a brand new cabin (Outside, no balcony) with a LARGE porthole. It was great! My husband tends to get sea sick, and the balcony cabins on the Summit aren't in the perfect mid/mid location, so we had to do without the veranda. But we still loved the Summit. The service, the MDR, all was great. That's why I booked Celebrity for my sister. It's all good:)

This will be our very first cruise on ANY line and after a ton of research on my part, I picked Celebrity as the line and the 5 day Connie sailing as our first adventure. Everything I've read and heard since makes me so glad I did. Can't wait!

Edited by Flafun888

This will be our very first cruise on ANY line and after a ton of research on my part, I picked Celebrity as the line and the 5 day Connie sailing as our first adventure. Everything I've read and heard since makes me so glad I did. Can't wait!

This is exactly my story. 1st was on connie and never thought of a cruise vacation prior but after lots of research found Celebrity as my home. :-)

Now hooked!