Remedy for extreme sea sickness

Pier Pressure 53

From a former Bonine-girl, you might try MotionEaze :)

I can suffer from terrible motion sickness, and used Bonine on all our cruises. But I used MotionEaze on our last cruise and was very impressed with it - all natural, just put a drop behind each ear, and no worries. (BTW you can also use it if you are already feeling green, starts working right away).

All the fishing charters in my area are using it now. Guess there used to be plenty of tourists who always dreamed of going out to get a big catch - then got seasick and just wanted to go back to shore. This lets them enjoy their day, even when they come in with nothing but a sunburn LOL.

http://motioneaze.com/stop-seasickness-with-motioneaze/

Hi. I am looking for some help from those experienced cruisers out there.

My wife gets extremely sea sick very easily on what would be considered very calm seas on very calm, virtually non-moving ships. It may be a mistake (due to her sea sickness), but we have booked our 1st ever cruise at the end of this year. My question would be to those out there that like my wife, get very sea sick very easily, have you found an over-the counter or prescription medicine that works for your sea sickness.

I appreciate any suggestions or advice.

Thank you.

John

I would not recommend cruising to someone with the condition you describe.

Oh boy! My husband can relate to this

We went on our 1st cruise in november2013 (transatlantic)

My husband was fine when we set sail, he was fine doing the muster drill (yawn)

He was even fine when we went to dinner in mdr.

When we got up on 2nd day and I will never forget this because normally my husband has a stomach made of steel, he just sat on the bed and said "I don't feel right" from that moment on he vomited in every toilet we passed.

We got some anti sickness tablets from the medical centre on board, they did nothing.

At 1.45pm we were sitting up on deck 7 just watching over the promenade waiting for the medical centre to open at 4pm to get him the injection thats supposed to work wonders.

We didn't dare move because he would just vomit again and we didn't know how he was going to make it back to our cabin.

A lovely couple sat next to us and I got chatting to them and I explained the situation. They are experienced cruisers and they said has my husband tried AVOMINE tablets? He went to his cabin and brought back 3 Avomine, 1 to take straight away, 1 when he went to bed and 1 the next morning.

We said our thank yous as the couple left us.

Well within 45 minutes my husband was a different person, he no longer felt I'll, infact we went straight up to the wj for him to fill his boots.

He never took the 2nd tablet before going to bed, but I got up at 5 am to pay a visit and give him his 2nd tablet, he did not need the 3 rd as he was fine.

We found that couple again many a time and we couldn't thank them enough.

AVOMINE are available from Amazon and I'm going to make sure I've got plenty for this November

Jackie

Has what I call the Silver Bullet. Its a shot for cases that are very severe. Wife and youngest daughter were fighting over the toilet bowl on a very bad TA cruise so I sent them down to get one. Made them sleepy but it fixed the problem within the hour. It won't be cheap. Cost me $50 per person and this was in the early 90's. I can understand that you want to try this type of vacation but if it's going to be a miserable trip for her I have to agree with some others that maybe you should look at something else or for a first cruise make it a very short 3 day one just to test the waters so to speak.

If you've only been on small boats, trust me large crusie ships are a totally different story.

I get motion sick at the drop of a hat, I can't watch the kids play video games because I get nauseous. However, I have no issue on a cruise ship. The only time I've been ill was when the ship had to slow down to let a hurricane pass, those were some seas! I took the pills from the infirmary & was fine. I did have Dramamine up in the room too which I took the next day - just in case.

We took my mom on a cruise & she did the crystallized ginger & was fine.

I had the sea bands on our last cruise. I ended up using them for a bus ride down a mountain while on an excursion. :eek:

I would not recommend cruising to someone with the condition you describe.

I am just like this lady and we're about to head our on our 16th cruise.

All I can say is 'better vacationing through chemistry!' Read some of the previous posts.