Is there a cancellation fee when booking directly with Azamara

Cruising Latitude

Hello, this is our first time booking Azamara. I submitted our request directly on the website and an agent emailed me the invoice. When I read the invoice carefully I saw a cancellation fee of $25 pp. Now is this standard for Azamara? BTW there is a BOGOHO sale on this sailing. Does that make a difference?

The reason I almost book directly is so I can change or cancel easily (at least that's way with RCI and Celebrity). Now if I can't do that I am contemplating going with a TA to get some perks. PS, I hope I am not considered "already booked". I haven't paid anything.

Thank you in advance.

I read somewhere that the cancellation fee was going up. Just another luxurious way to treat potential cruisers. I usually book travel with the intention of taking the trip. Once in awhile I cancel. I have never had a cancellation fee charged. That includes cruises, tours, and hotels. When you book, pay attention to the terms and conditions. When I booked my last Azamara cruise, I was told about the $25 fee. $25 is not enough to get me upset.

the $25.00 cancellation fee pp is standard. They have also moved up their final payment to 120 days prior to sailing for the 90 days.

And then there's this. I received the following notice from my travel agency saying

"Effective September 10, 2014 Royal Caribbean, Celebrity Cruises and Azamara no longer have a grace period on final payments.

Bookings not paid in full by 5:00pm on the scheduled final payment date will auto cancel at midnight.

This is a new automated function and the agency does not have the ability to over-ride this function."

And then there's this. I received the following notice from my travel agency saying

"Effective September 10, 2014 Royal Caribbean, Celebrity Cruises and Azamara no longer have a grace period on final payments.

Bookings not paid in full by 5:00pm on the scheduled final payment date will auto cancel at midnight.

This is a new automated function and the agency does not have the ability to over-ride this function."

I think that's fair, and preferable to letting a booking lapse only to be hit with a penalty because the lapse (cancellation) occurred after final payment. Princess sends a reminder two weeks before final payment and again one week before. I got one today for a Royal Caribbean cruise that "requested" payment be made on September 22, but said nothing about the booking cancelling if not paid by 5:00 that day (I wonder what time zone).

I am very organized. I always make a note on my daily planner when payments are due. Usually, most cruises and TAs send reminders

. Azamara does not. When I paid my final payment, I made a comment to the agent who took the payment that they should send a reminder. I was told that Azamara does not do that. In this day of using the internet, would it be too much to send out an email reminding the cruisers to pay? If someone slips and forgets, does Azamara call them or just cancel? And they call this luxury? Reminding is just a nice way of gently telling people that it is time to pay. Has anyone ever missed the final payment date? What happened?