Live – Constellation Singapore – Rome 2017

Jim_Iain

Petra was amazing to visit. It is one of those wonders of the world that a single picture can barely capture the beauty and grandeur of the site. The weather was very mild at about 75 F. The sun was very intense so a good sun block is highly recommended.

We had a delightful surprise after out visit with a late Lunch (4:00 PM). We were hosted at the University of Jordan Petra Architectural and Heritage facility. It was the first time they had hosted a visit and were the perfect hosts and wonderful lunch.

We are making our way north up the Gulf of Suez. Egypt is on both side of ship. Weather has been moderate but the winds have been about 20-25 knots to the north. While pleasant is difficult to do laps on deck 11 and 12.

We are scheduled to reach mouth of the canal tonight around 11:00 pm and will be dropping anchor. We are scheduled to leave around 4:00am with a north bound caravan.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Constellation is 4th in the northbound convoy with QM2 in front of us. We entered the canal about 6:00 am. Temperatures early morning are about 65. It is suppose to be mid-80's later today. Sky's are clear and winds calm.

The have opened the helipad for viewing today.

Petra was amazing to visit. It is one of those wonders of the world that a single picture can barely capture the beauty and grandeur of the site. The weather was very mild at about 75 F. The sun was very intense so a good sun block is highly recommended.

We had a delightful surprise after out visit with a late Lunch (4:00 PM). We were hosted at the University of Jordan Petra Architectural and Heritage facility. It was the first time they had hosted a visit and were the perfect hosts and wonderful lunch.

Love the Petra pictures. Did you take a ship or private tour to Petra?

Love the Petra pictures. Did you take a ship or private tour to Petra?

We chose to do a private tour that had been arranged by JDighton (Jeff). Jeff arranged two 20 passenger van's with 10 people on each bus. Was a fantastic day and a great group to travel with.

The ship and about 1,200 guest traveling on a convoy of big tour busses. Heard mixed review but most conveyed they were herded onto busses that were fully filled and that they were unable to hear the guide.

Celebrity charged $279 per person vs the cost of a private tour approximately $180.

It was an interesting day traversing the Suez Canal and we have now entered the Mediterranean about 4 PM. The weather was beautiful (shirt sleeve weather for most of the crossing). Temperatures are on the cool side as we emerge from the canal. I would say about 65 degrees and the winds are around 10 knots.

One more sea day prior to arriving in Athens. This cruise has a lot of sea days (10 out of 15). We love sea days so have been really enjoying it.

While the Indian Visa can be arduous for U.S., Canada and Australia it actually goes through rather quickly if you follow the tutorials to the T.

I have to say we had a bitch of a time rejoining the ship after our land tour. Celebrity didn't have our return properly handled after charging us $60. Recommendations if you do a multi day land tour is to find out in advance phone numbers of the port agent where you will rejoin and how you obtain a landing cruise to get past the first and subsequent security check points.

The press has reported that India has approved sea ports to have electronic visa processing but no date when it might happen. When you personally view how manual the process is currently I don't see how in the world they will implement.

Jim, thank you so much for the great review of the trip - we are planning this cruise next spring 2018 and are very excited about the trip. Were you able to get your passport when you left the ship for your Taj Mahal tour?

We chose to do a private tour that had been arranged by JDighton (Jeff). Jeff arranged two 20 passenger van's with 10 people on each bus. Was a fantastic day and a great group to travel with.

Thanks. Sounds similar to the tour we are on later in the year.

Petra was one of my favorite places to visit. We did so by land and stayed in Jordan for 3 days. A truly amazing experience. Still hard to wrap my head around what we saw there. Your photos bring it all back...beautiful! :)

Looking forward to hearing about your Athens experience. We will be back there in a few weeks...by cruise.

Thank you!

Petra was one of my favorite places to visit. We did so by land and stayed in Jordan for 3 days. A truly amazing experience. Still hard to wrap my head around what we saw there. Your photos bring it all back...beautiful! :)

Looking forward to hearing about your Athens experience. We will be back there in a few weeks...by cruise.

Thank you!

I hope you have a wonderful visit. Our visit was far too short and it would be amazing to explore Petra much deeper. The Movenpick hotel would be the perfect place to stay.

Next visit would love to see the Dead Sea.

I hope you have a wonderful visit. Our visit was far too short and it would be amazing to explore Petra much deeper. The Movenpick hotel would be the perfect place to stay.

Next visit would love to see the Dead Sea.

We will not be going back to Jordan anytime soon, and probably never! We were there 3-4 years ago with a church group. I have to say that the Dead Sea was a disappointment...or at least not what I expected. Very dirty and greasy in the area that we were to swim in. I did not get in. :( Now, a boat ride on the Sea of Galilee was a highlight! :)