Segway Tour in San Juan?

Henry325

Hi. Does anyone know if we can get a segway tour once we get off the cruise ship? We have found 2 companies that charge $95 but when we try to book the tour they both say we have to book on the ship and the ship charges $140. We arrive off the cruise ship at 3pm.

Edited by Henry325

I guess it depends on the company providing the service. At another island, we were able to do the Segway on our own because there were different companies providing it. There was, at least April 2013, a Segway shop right at the pier. We started to take it but a rain storm came along hat wouldn't let up. The Segways don't do well in the rain because of how close the electronics are to the ground.

I guess it depends on the company providing the service. At another island, we were able to do the Segway on our own because there were different companies providing it. There was, at least April 2013, a Segway shop right at the pier. We started to take it but a rain storm came along hat wouldn't let up. The Segways don't do well in the rain because of how close the electronics are to the ground.

If I remember correctly, this was Jose - right next to the pier. He was awesome! But from what I understand he's no longer there - or at least you can't book directly anymore.

• 5 months later...

Bumping this up to see if any new information.

We did this tour with Jose' back in 2008 and would love to do it again while in San Juan in November while cruising on the Freedom.

We cannot find a time slot open while we are in port. So is it true you have to pay the inflated price of $139, instead of the $94 price on his website????

Really liked the tour with Jose and taking friends back with us this time. REally bragged up with tour and wanted to take them on it. Just not sure we will spend the extra $45 per person, just so the cruise line can get a cut!!

I'm appalled by the fact that Segway Tours of Puerto Rico charge $93 for independent bookings but $139 for cruise line bookings. However, when you try to book the 4:00 tour on your own, they say it's sold out. Yes, held for cruise line passengers making you pay an additional $46 per person! I'm sure the cruise line gets the majority of the mark up. When is enough, enough? I'm not cheap, but I refuse to be taken such blatant advantage of. Don't they realize some of us are smart enough to do the math :mad:

• 3 weeks later...
I'm appalled by the fact that Segway Tours of Puerto Rico charge $93 for independent bookings but $139 for cruise line bookings. However, when you try to book the 4:00 tour on your own, they say it's sold out. Yes, held for cruise line passengers making you pay an additional $46 per person! I'm sure the cruise line gets the majority of the mark up. When is enough, enough? I'm not cheap, but I refuse to be taken such blatant advantage of. Don't they realize some of us are smart enough to do the math :mad:

NOt that I think it will do alot of good. But I emailed Jose' at Segway tours. We had toured with him 8 years ago post cruise.

I told him how disappointed I was that the same tours he sells privately, is being charged at $139 with the cruise lines. Told him I won't book with him/thru the cruise lines.

Maybe just made me feel better, but I like letting companies know if you are disappointed or pleased!!

NOt that I think it will do alot of good. But I emailed Jose' at Segway tours. We had toured with him 8 years ago post cruise.

I told him how disappointed I was that the same tours he sells privately, is being charged at $139 with the cruise lines. Told him I won't book with him/thru the cruise lines.

Maybe just made me feel better, but I like letting companies know if you are disappointed or pleased!!

I agree with you Waterbugohio. At least saying something to the vendor shows you're smart enough to know what's happening here. It almost insults your intelligence.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...