Lunch place between Captain Marvin's & Hell?

Macdooger4

We are going with Captain Marvin's and then to Hell afterwards, but need to make it quick due to timing. Is there a good, quick lunch place within walking distance from Marvin's dock where we can catch a cab right after to Hell? If not, is there anyplace right near hell to eat?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We are doing Capt Marvin's snorkel/stingray tour than a Capt. Marvin's Hell/Turtle Farm tour. I emailed them about lunch and they said they could provide Subway sandwiches in between the two tours.

Thanks. We are only doing the stingray tour, then on our own for Hell....so they will not provide us with lunch....but there must be a subway nearby if that's what they are getting you guys. Although I'd rather something more unique, not a chain sandwich stop...thank you for the info though!!

IIRC, Capt Marvin's boats depart from a somewhat residential area in Governor's Harbour, so no real choices are within walking distance.

There is a Subway in the Centennial Towers building at the intersection of West Bay Road and West Church Street in the district of West Bay. You could grab take out or if you dine in that would leave a moderate walk onward to Hell.

On West Bay Rd just before Centennial Towers is the Foster's Food Fair IGA grocery which has a hot food bar.

Or in that general area, just a few buildings past the 4-way stop, is Alfresco Restaurant.

IIRC, Capt Marvin's boats depart from a somewhat residential area in Governor's Harbour, so no real choices are within walking distance.

There is a Subway in the Centennial Towers building at the intersection of West Bay Road and West Church Street in the district of West Bay. You could grab take out or if you dine in that would leave a moderate walk onward to Hell.

On West Bay Rd just before Centennial Towers is the Foster's Food Fair IGA grocery which has a hot food bar.

Or in that general area, just a few buildings past the 4-way stop, is Alfresco Restaurant.

OOOh, Alfresco looks awesome!!

Thanks, I'll check out some of those places. Kids want to go to Hell. I've been there, I know what to expect, but kids all want to send postcards, and we don't have time for much else anyway...so it works with our schedule.

OOOh, Alfresco looks awesome!!

Alfrescos looks perfect! Can we walk from there to Hell? About how far is it? Any idea? Also, from Hell back to Georgetown, what's the best way to go? Is there an easy bus? Are there taxis at Hell that we can easily grab? Thank you! You seem to know the area!

Can you see my reply above? I replied to wrong person, sorry!!!

The difficulty walking between Alfrescos and Hell is the lack of sidewalks in much of the West Bay area. IIRC there are no sidewalks for much of that route. It is a bit less than a mile up Town Hall Rd and then left on Hell Rd.

There is usually a pretty steady flow of tours stopping by Hell but I'm not sure how often an empty taxi would wait there... it is more of a stop over than a destination in and of itself.

Otherwise the local route buses should run right past Hell every few minutes (US$2.50 per person) for a return to town. Drop off is next to the George Town Library on Edward St just a couple blocks from the port.

Finally, it may be possible to hop that local route bus from near Alfrescos to Hell. It will cover more ground than walking but would probably be faster.

The difficulty walking between Alfrescos and Hell is the lack of sidewalks in much of the West Bay area. IIRC there are no sidewalks for much of that route. It is a bit less than a mile up Town Hall Rd and then left on Hell Rd.

There is usually a pretty steady flow of tours stopping by Hell but I'm not sure how often an empty taxi would wait there... it is more of a stop over than a destination in and of itself.

Otherwise the local route buses should run right past Hell every few minutes (US$2.50 per person) for a return to town. Drop off is next to the George Town Library on Edward St just a couple blocks from the port.

Finally, it may be possible to hop that local route bus from near Alfrescos to Hell. It will cover more ground than walking but would probably be faster.

Thank you!! Appreciate the info.

I thought that there was a BBQ/Conch place across the road from the turtle farm, which isn't that far from Hell.

Down around the 4 way stop is also Tim-Buc-Too, a bit of a dive but great cheap food. And Heritage Kitchen with local stuff. At one time I thought Chicken Chicken had an outlet in the Yacht Basin at Governors Harbor. But not sure where Captn Marvin's boat is docked in relationship to the yacht basin.

Thank you!! Appreciate the info.

One more question....do you know how long of a trip by taxi it is from Hell area to the cruise terminal in Georgetown Approx? 15min, 30min? Thanks!!

From Hell to the GT port area should be 15 minutes by taxi, depending upon traffic. Allow longer for a return by public bus. Traffic can get backed up returning to the port at the end of a busy cruise ship day. Do not plan to cut it close.

• 2 weeks later...

About how long does it take by bus to get from Hell back to port in Georgetown?

And how does the fare work? All I see are comments that it's $2.50 to ride the bus. Is that a flat rate no matter how far you go? So if stop at Turtle Farm and then stop at Hell and then to 7-mile beach and back to port...is it going to cost $2.50 for each leg of the route? That's fine just would like to know how much it is going to cost us.

Thanks, Judy