Metrorail (Orange Line) vs. Miami's Friday Traffic (Taxi or Livery Service)

cruisecritiquer

Our flights have been changed so that we land around 3/4 PM in MIA rather than after dark (previously 8/9PM) in a few weeks :D. We had previously put aside the idea of taking the orange line (MetroRail) because of safety considerations in the evening.

We are staying at the Hampton Inn Brickell and my understanding is that, according to the Hampton Inn website, the drop off point for the oranage line is half a block away from Hampton's front door. It's also $2.00 per person. ;)

Given the circumstances, I'm considering taking the MetroRail because I assume it has the right of way and we could get to our destination faster than sitting in afternoon Friday traffic. Also, it would be the first time my son could take a taxi, fly, take a train, and take a ship all within 24 hours. ;)

Do you foresee any issues with this or have any input?

http://www.hamptoninnmiamibrickell.com/

Traffic runs the other way (West out of Miami) on the Airport Expressway on weekday afternoons. A taxi will travel above the speed limit for nearly all the way to Brickell Ave. From baggage claim to hotel front desk should take perhaps 25 minutes.

Our flights have been changed so that we land around 3/4 PM in MIA rather than after dark (previously 8/9PM) in a few weeks :D. We had previously put aside the idea of taking the orange line (MetroRail) because of safety considerations in the evening.

We are staying at the Hampton Inn Brickell and my understanding is that, according to the Hampton Inn website, the drop off point for the oranage line is half a block away from Hampton's front door. It's also $2.00 per person. ;)

Given the circumstances, I'm considering taking the MetroRail because I assume it has the right of way and we could get to our destination faster than sitting in afternoon Friday traffic. Also, it would be the first time my son could take a taxi, fly, take a train, and take a ship all within 24 hours. ;)

Do you foresee any issues with this or have any input?

http://www.hamptoninnmiamibrickell.com/

I cannot think of one good reason to take the Metrorail. None.

It is elevated and having luggage will be a giant PIA. You are the one that has to schlep it around.

Take the cab.

If the taxi takes the 112 expressway out of the airport to 95 and down here to Brickell you will have no issues with traffic at that time. There is a small toll on this road but it is truly the best way. It's only 11 miles and I usually make it here in 15 minutes going this way.

(My place in Miami is within an extremely short walk to the Hampton Inn.)

If you do want to save money, then take the train but only if you don't have a lot of luggage.

Archived