Pet Boarding in Miami

kayehall

Need a really safe, secure, loving caring place to board my small dog in Miami. Any suggestions out there? Thanks, Kaye

I don't know anywhere in South Florida but wouldn't it be better to board your animal in your hometown where chances are you know the people? Or at least get first hand experience from people you know?

Miami is a shady place.

Need a really safe, secure, loving caring place to board my small dog in Miami. Any suggestions out there? Thanks, Kaye

Shall we play the "one of these words does not belong" game :rolleyes:

Maybe someone will come on with a suggestion of a veterinarian's office that also boards non-patient pets. Even then you need to vet (pardon the pun) the heck out of them: license current, complaint history, citations against owner/operator. There are unsanitary, unlicensed groomer/boarder businesses all over south Florida. You will probably do no worse picking a random name offering pet sitting services on Craig's List.

But have you asked your hometown vet? They may be affiliated with a national organization that has a legit member's office they can refer you to.

since no one has a direct answer .... and nor do I ... I find someone I can leave DOG with at home . . .

but a quick search pops up this one which LOOKS good

http://barkfetchrun.com/miamidoghotel/

or ... tell me your details ..... how much are you willing to pay? dd has an apartment in Miami and has a small dog ... what's one more ... for the right price . . .

Edited by Capt_BJ

Maybe your DD has some suggestions? We want to be south for 2 or 3 weeks. That is why we are considering taking the dog. We have a place in Myrtle we would stay at after the cruise

You have three locals telling you don't for a reason.

Miami is NOTHING like the rest of the US.

Edited by BlueHerons

Have you asked your own vet and/or boarding kennel if they have any recommendations? Perhaps they know of one or belong to an association/trade group that can give you a listing.

If your driving to south Fl. via. I95 or the Florida turnpike,

I recomend the Hollywood Animal Hospital.

1/2 block east of I95 on Hollywood Blvd.

So. Fla. is not as bad as some of the wriers make it out to be.

Must have a bad taco.

The Hollywood Animal hospital is where I bring bring my Yorkie, plus the Hollywood

K9's go for their visits too.

If your flying into MIA, find out where the Miami PD brings their K9's.

Haters gona h8.

Edited by fireofficer5

Have you asked your own vet and/or boarding kennel if they have any recommendations? Perhaps they know of one or belong to an association/trade group that can give you a listing.

Have you tried Angie's List? I live north of Fort Lauderdale and found my vet/boarding kennel that way (Seiler Animal Hospital). They are wonderful but it is quite a bit north of Miami and I don't know their policy for boarding an animal that is not an existing patient.

Have you tried Angie's List? I live north of Fort Lauderdale and found my vet/boarding kennel that way (Seiler Animal Hospital). They are wonderful but it is quite a bit north of Miami and I don't know their policy for boarding an animal that is not an existing patient.

I went to Angie's List for you and found the following "A" rated (with at least 10 reviews) vet/boarding kennel listings in Miami. Maybe you could start with them...

• Coconut Grove Animal Clinic

3200 Grand Ave, Miami 33133

• Knowles Animal Clinic

1000 NW 27th Ave, Miami 33125

• South Beach Animal Hospital

1874 West Ave, Miami Beach 33139

• Waggle Brothers Pet Resort

10801 Biscayne Blvd, Miami 33161

Hope this helps!

Edited by capriccio

Rather than boarding your dog in a kennel, you can look into another option such as Dog Vacay or Rover.com. Both of these sites offer many options for pet-sitters that will care for your pet in their own home, in a cage-free environment. You can research sitters by location, read their profiles, and reviews. There are many questions you will need to ask to ensure you are comfortable leaving your dog in their care.

http://dogvacay.com/

https://www.rover.com/

I take my dog to Furry Paws in Fort Lauderdale for doggie day care. They also offer overnight boarding. The staff there is amazing, very attentive, and while some days my dog is there almost 12 hours while I am at work, I know she is in great hands. They are staffed 7 days a week. If your dog is well socialized, he/she will love it. They have separate indoor and outdoor play areas for small and larger dogs, swimming pool, toys, exercise areas, etc. Wonderful place and better than leaving your dog in a vet's kennel.

http://www.furrypawsftl.com/

Edited by brunello22

Rather than boarding your dog in a kennel, you can look into another option such as Dog Vacay or Rover.com. Both of these sites offer many options for pet-sitters that will care for your pet in their own home, in a cage-free environment. You can research sitters by location, read their profiles, and reviews. There are many questions you will need to ask to ensure you are comfortable leaving your dog in their care.

http://dogvacay.com/

https://www.rover.com/

I take my dog to Furry Paws in Fort Lauderdale for doggie day care. They also offer overnight boarding. The staff there is amazing, very attentive, and while some days my dog is there almost 12 hours while I am at work, I know she is in great hands. They are staffed 7 days a week. If your dog is well socialized, he/she will love it. They have separate indoor and outdoor play areas for small and larger dogs, swimming pool, toys, exercise areas, etc. Wonderful place and better than leaving your dog in a vet's kennel.

http://www.furrypawsftl.com/

I have seen their website and it looks awesome!!! Will def keep this one on the list