Things to do/walk to on our own?

pirate4me2

Hi everyone,

DH and I are sailing on Carnival Sunshine to this port on 2/28/15. We are trying to keep this cruise low cost and splurged on some excursions in the other ports, so we need to do something low key in Costa Maya. Is there anything we can walk to on our own here and just enjoy our time there? Any beaches? Shops? TIA for any advice!

Hi everyone,

DH and I are sailing on Carnival Sunshine to this port on 2/28/15. We are trying to keep this cruise low cost and splurged on some excursions in the other ports, so we need to do something low key in Costa Maya. Is there anything we can walk to on our own here and just enjoy our time there? Any beaches? Shops? TIA for any advice!

You have the man-made port shopping area you can walk to off the ship or you can take a long walk, or $3 each-way ride, to the malecon. Once there you can walk the length of the malecon lined with beach bars.

This is the absolutely easiest and cheapest port to do on your own and have a great beach day.

$3 ride pp to the malecon and then head over to Blue Kay. It's the very first stop off the bus and the place is gorgeous. It's free and you only have to buy drinks or food while there to use the place. It also has great snorkeling and the water is beautiful and clear with hardly any sea grass like a lot of the malecon.

I have a complete review listed in my signature line and it has over 100 pictures of the place. Let me know if you have any questions. :)

This is the absolutely easiest and cheapest port to do on your own and have a great beach day.

$3 ride pp to the malecon and then head over to Blue Kay. It's the very first stop off the bus and the place is gorgeous. It's free and you only have to buy drinks or food while there to use the place. It also has great snorkeling and the water is beautiful and clear with hardly any sea grass like a lot of the malecon.

I have a complete review listed in my signature line and it has over 100 pictures of the place. Let me know if you have any questions. :)

Would you/ could you provide a link

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That sounds fantastic, thank you! I know exactly what we are doing now. :)

It's below my post, located in my signature line. Find "Costa Maya" and go to where it says "Blue Kay" and click on it. ;) :D

Thank you. I tried to do that from iPad application but it doesn't allow for some reason. When I went to the site through the web it did. Thank you!

Thank you. I tried to do that from iPad application but it doesn't allow for some reason. When I went to the site through the web it did. Thank you!

Oh that's weird. I'll have to try it out on my ipad and see if I have the same problem.

Glad you were able to access it from a computer.