Insects at ruin sites

bogofman

We would like to visit the ruin sites , not sure which yet, but are concerned about the chance of being bitten by insects.

We would use repellent, does anyone have any experience of this?

We will be there in december

We would like to visit the ruin sites , not sure which yet, but are concerned about the chance of being bitten by insects.

We would use repellent, does anyone have any experience of this?

We will be there in december

Have never been, but I know there will be bugs. Just plan on there being bugs. I live in Texas and fight the bug war all year every year. When I am running I wear the bug repellent wrist bands, but for a lot of standing around I would use a good spray. Skeeters love non moving targets

We did the Chacchoben ruin tour from Costa Maya last December. Although we had taken lots of insect repellent with us, we didn't see nor were bothered by insects. We were told that December is not considered mosquito season. I'd take some with you just in case but we weren't bothered at all.

The wet season usually starts in June and ends in October, making the dry season generally from November through May. That's going to invariably have an impact on the presence of mosquitoes, which are most prevalent on dry days during the wet season.

Take a look at the deep woods off wipes. When we went to Lamanai we had used spray and were preparing to reapply some when a lady offered us a couple of the wipes. So much better. No overspray, no getting it in your eyes and mouth, or someone else's. Easy to pack.