Skinny scarves...

cruisemom42

I notice that skinny scarves are back in style. I'm happy to see it, since I like wearing scarves but get bothered by a large amount of material around my neck. I have never found the "infinity" type scarves to be flattering for me anyway...

Do you like the skinny scarf look? How do you wear them? I've seen some pretty embellished ones for the holidays -- thinking of getting one or two to wear with outfits on my upcoming New Year's cruise. Something like this:

https://www.anthropologie.com/shop/fringed-skinny-scarf?category=scarves-infinity&color=001

Never did infinity scarves. I like the big square or my 72-80" long scarves. I just wrap them around my neck once and leave the ends hanging down the front. One scarf seller in Florence did show my friend and I how to "braid" the scarf ends down the front, but I've forgotten how to do it...

Are the "skinny" scarves under 8" wide? If they are, I've got to buy some of those, I guess...

Don't get me wrong, I still like my bigger scarves, especially for dressing up a coat when traveling (helps one blend in with the locals in Europe). But I like these for a way to dress up a simple black dress or shirt in a different way without adding much weight or taking up space in my suitcase...

Slidergirl -- the scarf I linked is listed as around 2" wide, so it truly is "skinny". I plan to go to the Anthropologie store this afternoon and have a look...

Don't get me wrong, I still like my bigger scarves, especially for dressing up a coat when traveling (helps one blend in with the locals in Europe). But I like these for a way to dress up a simple black dress or shirt in a different way without adding much weight or taking up space in my suitcase...

Slidergirl -- the scarf I linked is listed as around 2" wide, so it truly is "skinny". I plan to go to the Anthropologie store this afternoon and have a look...

I think I'd call that a cloth necklace rather than a scarf ;)

I may make my monthly trip down to The Big City tomorrow - if I have time to hit the mall, I may look it up, too.

Oops, forgot to update this. I did go look at the "skinny scarf" in the photo. As slidergirl says, it's really skinny and the only good way I could figure to wear it is wrapping it as shown around the neck. I don't really like things that wrap closely around the neck (and at a certain age you sort of stop wanting to highlight your neck anyway...).

However, I did find another "dressy" black beaded scarf at a different store that's about 4" wide, which looks good just looped around the neck and casually knotted, so I'm happy. :)

I made my monthly trek down the mountain yesterday. Stopped at the local Nordstrom. I found no skinny scarves in the scarf section. BUT, up in the little section where they have the clothes for the 20-somethings who are not Junior-sized anymore but not quite ready for NYDJ, Halogen, Caslon, etc., there was a tiny section for Free People, Top Shop and Madewell. There was one black sequined skinny scarf on a mannequin, wrapped twice around the neck and then both ends hanging down in front. I could not imagine that would be comfortable at all with those sequins digging into the neck!