Hotel in Port of Miami

wildflower881

• 3 weeks later...
What hotel did you stay in while in Miami? I am looking for one that provides free transportation from the airport and to the Port. If that exists. I also wouldn't mind being close to something fun to do/see the evening we are there. Only one night. Thanks.

Red Roof :)

The Port of Miami (POM) is located in downtown Miami, and NONE of the hotels there offers either an airport or port shuttle -- but taxis are cheap! From MIA to downtown a cab will cost about $25+tip; from downtown hotels to POM will cost about $10-12+tip.

If you want free airport and port shuttles you'll find them at hotels near the MIA airport -- two budget options often suggested are the La Quinta East and the Comfort Suites North, but there's nothing "fun" about those areas.

You could shuttle back to MIA and catch the "Airport Flyer" bus for $2.35 each to South Beach - that place is all about fun! ;) If you prefer a taxi over the bus plan on a fare of about $35+.

Post cruise a taxi from POM to MIA is a flat rate fare of $24+tip. Good luck! :)

If it's within your budget do consider the Hampton Inn. It is in downtown Miami and includes a nice breakfast.

It is near Mary Brickell Village which has a lot of restaurants and is a fun place to walk around and dine inside or outside at some of the venues that have outside dining.

Keith

We have not stayed here but did do some research prior to our last cruise out of Miami and this hotel was on our list. The cruise pkg offers a courtesy airport shuttle, suite, breakfast and a shuttle to the port. In addition, the hotel shuttle will take/return you from the Bayside area or surrounding area free of charge.

They do not offer the return cruise shuttle so you would need to take a taxi or shuttle back to the airport.

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/local-things-to-do/miahd-springhill-suites-miami-airport-east-medical-center/

I am going to move your thread to the home port forum where you will get better answers :) I will be staying in Miami this Thursday at the Hampton Inn - I will review when I return

If you are staying at the Hampton Inn Brickell tomorrow night (10/31) I will warn you that the area will be a tad on the crazy side! There are lots of parties going on over at Mary Brickell Village and there will be lots of people out drinking and partying.

If you are staying at the Hampton Inn Brickell tomorrow night (10/31) I will warn you that the area will be a tad on the crazy side! There are lots of parties going on over at Mary Brickell Village and there will be lots of people out drinking and partying.

Thanks. We actually chose the one near to the airport! Little bit cheaper ....near restaurants and publix :) good to know though

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

Archived