Flying Emirates

klfrodo

SEA - DXB then onward.

However, I do have a 14 hour layover in Dubai.

I arrive at DXB at Terminal 3 at 7:30PM and have hotel reservations at Dubai International Airport Hotel.

As I understand it, the only entrances to the hotel are prior to Immigrations and Passport Control.

So, the question I'm asking is,,,, does anybody on these boards who has stayed here have a better description of how one gets to the hotel other than "before passport control".

Have researched a bit, but didn't find what I'm looking for.

Last year, I had a hard time finding my way out of CDG and getting to the Sheraton

http://www.dubaiintlhotels.com/location-en.html

"Dubai International Hotel is located inside Dubai International Airport. We have hotels in all three Concourses A, B and C. You will have access to Dubai Duty Free Shopping areas, Post Office, Mosques, Currency exchanges, ATM’s, Bank’s, Medical Centre’s and other facilities available within the Airport."

Whoever proof read that should be shot in front of their family but there's what you need to know.

Thanks

Went to the website, read some of the comments, and it looks like they usually meet you at your arriving gate if requested.

I'll have to make that request. After 14 hours and overnight flight, I could be a little goofey

Edited by klfrodo

So, the question I'm asking is,,,, does anybody on these boards who has stayed here have a better description of how one gets to the hotel other than "before passport control".
I haven't specifically looked for these hotels myself, but from memory the branch of the transit hotel that I've seen is in the main departures area, ie the same area as the shops and the gates. I expect that the same is true of the other branches on the other concourses.

On that basis, you'd need to clear transit/transfer security in the same way as if you were immediately transiting or transferring to another flight. So that would be the route to look for. As that page says, do not follow signs for arrivals or baggage reclaim because they would take you away from the route that you need.

When we had a layover in DXB in Dec 2014, we got a "meet and greet" service, i.e. a Dubai Airport staff was there waiting for us at the gates to bring us to the airport. It was really far.

A lot depends on which part of the Dubai Airport your hotel is. They told us the hotel had 2 wings.

Thankfully we had a guide, who brought us through security again, took the trains to the other concourse and we made it to the hotel.

I put in some photos of the Dubai International Airport Hotel towards the end of this video.

[YOUTUBE]uaav-cNs14k[/YOUTUBE]