Onboard cruise purchase

ROYALBOY

We purchased an eclipse 14night exotic Caribbean on board the Constellation. Sales were only going out to April 2018, and we are hoping to get to later 2018 when they go on sale this year. Are the benefits transferable or do you get what's available on the same Cruise when it's rebooked?. It will affect our decision to change. Thanks!

We purchased an eclipse 14night exotic Caribbean on board the Constellation. Sales were only going out to April 2018, and we are hoping to get to later 2018 when they go on sale this year. Are the benefits transferable or do you get what's available on the same Cruise when it's rebooked?. It will affect our decision to change. Thanks!

Hi RoyalBoy,

I think you're going to get 100 different answers on your question :).

I've always been under the impression that some if not all benefits should remain on the booking.... but I've personally experienced losses of perks on some bookings that I've moved to other sailings, and was unable to reinstate them.

We've seen many reports of folks having very good luck, and others - not so much. This might be a good example of why a Travel agent might be able to go the extra mile for you.

If all else fails, I highly recommend calling Captains Club, and see what they have to say. Hope this helps. Good luck, and enjoy your cruise !

I gave the answer below to this question previously when it was asked in another thread.

AFAIK the same answer still applies, or at least it does for us.

We figure we have absolutely nothing to lose by booking on board because even if we don't transfer to another cruise, we can cancel and get our deposit back.

When we book onboard, the way it has been explained to us is that we may transfer the reservation to another cruise and get to keep the benefits for booking onboard, which are usually a reduced deposit and additional onboard credit given for booking onboard.

The other perks being offered at the time of booking (such as big-better-best or 1-2-3 go) would be replaced by whatever perks are being offered for the new cruise at the time of the transfer.

I think this may be the source of the confusion and the reason why some people still get to keep all their original perks when they transfer cruises, while others don't.