Majest of the Seas or Imagination

smiggsmu

My wife and I are looking to take a 4 day cruise this September and are trying to choose between the RC Majesty of the Seas and Carnival Imagination. The Majesty does the Bahamas trip while Imagination does the Key West - Cozumel trip. The difference in cost is nothing. RC is maybe $50 more expensive total. Any advice would be great. My wife and I are late twenties and looking to have a nice fun, relaxing time.

I dont think cabin size matters that much to me. I guess the main difference is itinerary (Bahamas vs Key West and Cozumel) better pool area, food, and overall space on the deck to hang out. We are first time cruisers.

Been on both and I would pick Majasty of the Seas.

When we went on our family getaway on the Imagination, it felt like a short cruise. There was barely any entainment at the pool and the food in the buffet was below par. The service felt like these people are only here for 2 days so why give it any effort. The dining room food and service was outstanding. We had a good time, you make your own fun, but I would not go on that ship again. This was before the remodel so hopefully the pool area, sevice and food has improved.

I took a short cruise with a friend on MOS and what a difference. The ship was beautiful. Plenty of entertainment, great food and service.

It felt just like a 7 day cruise. Always something to do.

Archived