Ruby Princess

Kelley2011

We are booking the Ruby Princess for next spring break...We have never cruised before but are trying to save money wherever we can...We have two kids, 9 and 6...We are deciding on the various oceanview cabins...Are the obstructed view cabins a decent deal or are they completly obstructed?

Thanks

EmeraldPobstructed.jpg

The above noted cabins (and their corresponding partners on the other side of the ship) are the only ones that have a total view. Some others may have a view between the lifeboats, but it is limited. Others may not appear to have a lifeboat on the deck plan, but there will be other white metal work in front of the cabin, limiting the view. EM

EmeraldPobstructed.jpg

The above noted cabins (and their corresponding partners on the other side of the ship) are the only ones that have a total view. Some others may have a view between the lifeboats, but it is limited. Others may not appear to have a lifeboat on the deck plan, but there will be other white metal work in front of the cabin, limiting the view. EM

Now that is the ultimate in answering a question on Cruise Critic!!!:D:D

If you can't get one of the cabins noted in the above post then look at a deck plan for the ship and locate cabins between life boats. They will sometimes have equipment between them but the view can be pretty good.

I am not a fan of the quad cabins on Princess. They are very small and have two upper beds and two on the ground and Princess has no sofas in standard cabins. We booked a balcony quad on our first Princess cruise with the kids. After I saw pictures of the inside of the cabins, I decided to upgrade to a mini-suite. With kids that young, you are going to spend time in the cabin and I wouldn't recommend Princess quads for that. I would prefer going on Carnival (kids like it) and paying less to get a balcony cabin with the pull out sofa bed and the one murphy bed above the sofa. It's livable. If you choose the Princess quad for a family of four, good luck. For what it's worth, I love the Ruby Princess. But if your goal is to save money and have a nice family vacation, you may want to look elsewhere and also on a more kid friendly line like Carnival or Royal Caribbean.

I am not a fan of the quad cabins on Princess. They are very small and have two upper beds and two on the ground and Princess has no sofas in standard cabins. We booked a balcony quad on our first Princess cruise with the kids. After I saw pictures of the inside of the cabins, I decided to upgrade to a mini-suite. With kids that young, you are going to spend time in the cabin and I wouldn't recommend Princess quads for that. I would prefer going on Carnival (kids like it) and paying less to get a balcony cabin with the pull out sofa bed and the one murphy bed above the sofa. It's livable. If you choose the Princess quad for a family of four, good luck. For what it's worth, I love the Ruby Princess. But if your goal is to save money and have a nice family vacation, you may want to look elsewhere and also on a more kid friendly line like Carnival or Royal Caribbean.

Sorry, i have to disagree. We have spent 2 cruises (21 days). With princess in outside quad cabins on grand class ships and had no problems. My children were 14 and 10 (now 16 &12). Yes you have to be organised and tidy but its easily doable especially if you get a double size balcony. This year we travelled with p&o on azura in an inside room for four. Again, plenty space providing you were tidy and organised.

We were looking at the Ruby vs the Pride. balcony cabins.

We saved over 1300 by switching to the Pride.

Just could not see spending that type of money for Princess when we sailed with kids

Archived