What toiletries, etc are in the cabin?

Zbayette

Hi, my husband and I are booked on NCL, Norwegian Star in January. Can someone please tell me what toiletries, etc are in each cabin....shampoo? conditioner? What do I need to pack?

Also do the balcony cabins have mini refrigerators? Thanks!

There will be shampoo and body wash in dispensers in the shower.

No conditioner or lotion, etc. unless you're in a suite.

Yes, balcony cabins have mini-fridges.

Edited by mizlorinj

Thanks, that's very helpful, though I'm disappointed that I have to pack my own conditioner and lotion. :( I guess I'm not going to be able to pack everything into carry-on and avoid baggage fees. :mad: Some cruise lines give you a free canvas bag to use (and keep). Is there anything like that on NCL? I haven't traveled with them since 2007.

Thanks, that's very helpful, though I'm disappointed that I have to pack my own conditioner and lotion. :( I guess I'm not going to be able to pack everything into carry-on and avoid baggage fees. :mad: Some cruise lines give you a free canvas bag to use (and keep). Is there anything like that on NCL? I haven't traveled with them since 2007.

nope! no welcome aboard sparkling wine anymore either. :mad:

I bring my own shampoo, but use their shower gel. If you're in a balcony or above you are entitled to bathrobes. If none are hanging in your closet, ask your steward.

Suites are provided with all sorts of lotions, and the heavy terry robes.

Unless you're platinum. Then you'll find a bottle of champaign in your cabin. Heck, I don't even like the stuff.

'Sparkling Wine' for Platinum members, explaining the taste of it! I'll stick to the prosecco by the glass on UBP instead thanks!

The shampoo in standard cabins doesn't even satisfy my needs for soft shiny hair, heck I don't think I'd even use it on my car. I'd always bring my own unless I'm in a suite and then it's splash on the Elemis!

The Welcome Aboard drink (I took the sparkling wine) used to be handed to you as you walked onboard the ship. I really liked that about NCL--back then. It was a very nice touch I thought.

And I agree the bottle of sparkling wine we get as platinum is just "eh".

Wow, I've been sailing Holland America recently and we always get a welcome aboard drink, and lotion and conditioner in the cabins! :)

What time are we allowed to board for a 5 PM sail? Do we get lunch onboard on sail day? How soon after boarding can we utilize the "free beverage package"????:p

Wow, I've been sailing Holland America recently and we always get a welcome aboard drink, and lotion and conditioner in the cabins! :)

What time are we allowed to board for a 5 PM sail? Do we get lunch onboard on sail day? How soon after boarding can we utilize the "free beverage package"????:p

Yep, no longer on NCL. Celebrity did too--hand a glass to you (but that was 2 years ago and who knows how it is now).

Boarding usually begins by noon and yes you can get lunch at a few places on the ship.

Edited by mizlorinj

• 1 month later...
I bring my own shampoo, but use their shower gel. If you're in a balcony or above you are entitled to bathrobes. If none are hanging in your closet, ask your steward.

Suites are provided with all sorts of lotions, and the heavy terry robes.

Thank you for the info on robes have been searching for it. We are in a balcony cabin on the Dawn. We usually sail Celebrity which does supply robes.

Your online eDocs will have your boarding time - normally noon. But they start around 11:30. The buffet will be open. One of the main dining rooms will open around noon for seated meals. Cabins normally ready about 1:30.

Your beverage package is printed on your cruise card (or a sticker) and you can start drinking as fast as you can find a bar. Cheers!

• 1 month later...
Yep, no longer on NCL. Celebrity did too--hand a glass to you (but that was 2 years ago and who knows how it is now).

Boarding usually begins by noon and yes you can get lunch at a few places on the ship.

Celebrity still does the welcome aboard bubbly :cool:

Your online eDocs will have your boarding time - normally noon. But they start around 11:30. The buffet will be open. One of the main dining rooms will open around noon for seated meals. Cabins normally ready about 1:30.

Your beverage package is printed on your cruise card (or a sticker) and you can start drinking as fast as you can find a bar. Cheers!

The drinking info is correct, except, while you're in port the taxes will not be covered by UBP, you pay those. Usually under a dollar a drink.