Meals in Grand Turk

klaner64

If you sail with Carnival do they have a buffet on the island for free in Grand Turk or can you go back on the ship to eat? I have read on other posts that you can rent a cabana and get a waiter. Is that food at a cost to you?

Grand Turk is NOT a private island like Half Moon Cay.

Many people seem to not realize this.

At the bar in Margaritaville a man ordered drinks. He didn't know he couldn't but them on his cruise card and had no money. We were on the same ship so DH loaned him the money. After he left the bartender told us that happen fairly often.

It is a bit confusing to some because the beach chairs and the use of the Margaritaville pool are at no cost.

LuLu

~~~

I had just seen that someone had a review where they had a cabana there and had the waiter bring them food. They probably were ordering from Margaritaville at full prices plus tips.

Once you've paid for a cabana, the food is really just an add-on.

My experience is that the food at Margaritaville is expensive and service is very slow. There has also been recent reports of food poisoning. A lot of people walk down the beach to the beach bars that are cheaper. The ship docks right at the beach so it's a quick walk back on board for food. It is fun to get a drink at the swim up bar in the pool but it is expensive and you need to bring money with you. The two times I was there there was a DJ/ game leader that kept it fun in the pool.

The one problem with walking back to the ship to eat is that you may have to wait in line to reboard. :( And then you may not want to go back. So time your return to either be before 2 hours before departure, if intending to come back or slightly sooner than when you'd head back anyway.

My experience is that the food at Margaritaville is expensive and service is very slow. There has also been recent reports of food poisoning. A lot of people walk down the beach to the beach bars that are cheaper. The ship docks right at the beach so it's a quick walk back on board for food. It is fun to get a drink at the swim up bar in the pool but it is expensive and you need to bring money with you. The two times I was there there was a DJ/ game leader that kept it fun in the pool.

There were problems with the island's water supply last year, but those are long fixed. I hadn't seen anything about food poisoning, do you have more info?