FLL to Miami...Am I on the right track

packedandready

We're flying into FLL and looking to stay at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami (on Biscayne). Taking SAS from airport to hotel. Use taxi to the port for around $10-12+tip.

Would this work? Any and all suggestions will be appreciated :D. Have always flown into fll and cruised out of fll so looking to make this as simple as possible.

Sounds like a good plan.

Have you booked SAS? What time does your flight arrive into FLL? :confused:

Most of the shuttles stop running in the afternoon (post cruise rush) or charge higher prices to make up for fewer passengers. UberX is a good option - about $40 to get from FLL to your hotel.

Sounds like a good plan.

Have you booked SAS? What time does your flight arrive into FLL? :confused:

Most of the shuttles stop running in the afternoon (post cruise rush) or charge higher prices to make up for fewer passengers. UberX is a good option - about $40 to get from FLL to your hotel.

I have not booked SAS. That was/is a question. I read on their website that the last pickup was 12:30 (I think) and doubt our flight would be in that early. Looked to email them but couldn't find an address so guess I need to call. We've never used uber and being on the older end, not too tech savvy :o, and not not living in an area that has uber I'm just a little uncertain. Thanks for the answer.

I have not booked SAS. That was/is a question. I read on their website that the last pickup was 12:30 (I think) and doubt our flight would be in that early. Looked to email them but couldn't find an address so guess I need to call. We've never used uber and being on the older end, not too tech savvy :o, and not not living in an area that has uber I'm just a little uncertain. Thanks for the answer.

I'm also a tech dinosaur, but Uber is easy - watch a couple of YouTube videos and get one of your kids/grandchildren to help you set up the app on your smart phone. It is so easy, cheap and with such good service I have just about given up on taking regular taxis.

You must have had a credit or something - most other reports between FLL & Miami are in the $35-40 range.

No credit used. Took them from Port Everglades when departing the Allure to port of Miami for $26.00 then again when departing Vista to get to FLL and again $26.00 . This was in January. Maybe rates have changed.

We are in the same situation. We would like to fly into FLL because it is cheaper. Would it be better to stay in FLL for the night and have transportation to Miami port the next morning or keep traveling on to Miami after the flight? Also, we have five in our group with probably two suitcases + would we be able to Uber it? That sounds like a cheaper way to go.

We are in the same situation. We would like to fly into FLL because it is cheaper. Would it be better to stay in FLL for the night and have transportation to Miami port the next morning or keep traveling on to Miami after the flight? Also, we have five in our group with probably two suitcases + would we be able to Uber it? That sounds like a cheaper way to go.

Welcome to the boards! :cool:

The common advice is to stay in FLL, where hotels tend to be cheaper than comparable properties in Miami, and then transport to POM the morning of your cruise! www.sunny.org has lots of FLL area hotel and tourist info.

5 plus bags sounds like UberXL -- should be about $75 from FLL area hotels to POM, which is about what you would pay for a shared shuttle ($15 per person is pretty common). You can get approximate Uber fares by inputting the hotel address into this link: http://uberestimate.com/

Have a great cruise! :D

Welcome to the boards! :cool:

The common advice is to stay in FLL, where hotels tend to be cheaper than comparable properties in Miami, and then transport to POM the morning of your cruise! www.sunny.org has lots of FLL area hotel and tourist info.

5 plus bags sounds like UberXL -- should be about $75 from FLL area hotels to POM, which is about what you would pay for a shared shuttle ($15 per person is pretty common). You can get approximate Uber fares by inputting the hotel address into this link: http://uberestimate.com/

Have a great cruise! :D

Thank you. This is perfect information. We have cruised NCL without kids before but we flew into Miami. I really appreciate the info about it being cheaper to stay in FLL too. I looked at the website you suggested.

Thank you again. I am so glad I discovered these forums.

Definitely agree with the stay in Fort Lauderdale and the über if possible! That is what I did and I couldn't recommend it more.

I used so many methods of transport during my stay: taxis, shuttles, Uber's. It was my first ever über trip and I was really happy! It was cheap and easy.

I've written here where I stayed, how much it cost. How I got around, how long each journey took and how much they cost. http://cruisingisntjustforoldpeople.co.uk/2017/01/07/fort-lauderdale-airport-to-the-port-of-miami/

Hope that helps a little, can be overwhelming when youre sat at home trying to plan all of this!

(Also agree with FLL being more family friendly, from my experience anyway)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you Eleteace and JohninDC. Your replies made me feel more confident in the decision to fly into FLL the day before and stay there for the night. I booked our flight and next is the hotel. Thank you for the links too. I plan on reading your journey Eleteace.

We have been on NCL just my husband and me but with kids we have traveled Disney Cruise Line. I am all over the DIS boards and didn't even know there was forums for NCL. This is so wonderful.

Thank you again.