Houston Hobby shuttle question

luv2bcruzng

We are flying into Houston Hobby Airport. Need a hotel for one night before our cruise. We would like a hotel that has an airport shuttle and then a shuttle the next day to the cruise ship port.

Does such a hotel exist?

Thanks,

Reba

We are flying into Houston Hobby Airport. Need a hotel for one night before our cruise. We would like a hotel that has an airport shuttle and then a shuttle the next day to the cruise ship port.

Does such a hotel exist?

Thanks,

Reba

There's a Marriott hotel between terminals B and C.

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/iahap-houston-airport-marriott-at-george-bush-intercontinental/

You can find shuttle availability here:

http://www.zapmeta.com/?q=shuttle+from+iah+to+galveston&dzn=&asid=aw_zm_us_usd_c950_la1&where=web_zapmeta&awc=zmus2&template=&color=&abtarget=&ablabel=&pp=8&bkw=n&abt=&abv=&de=c

Edited by Stevesan

The OP asked about a hotel at Hobby. You answered with a hotel at Bush. ;)

Ooops! My bad.

None of the hotels near HOU mention shuttle to Galveston.

As Sullivan said, best to book hotel in Galveston and use the cruise ship's shuttle.

Much better selection of hotels.

http://www.galveston.com/islandhotels/

Edited by Stevesan

I am looking for something similar but I don't think ANY Houston hotels offer shuttles to the port or Galveston hotels that offer airport shuttles.

I just called Royal Caribbean and their shuttle from Hobby to the pier is $32/per person each way (so $64/person round trip). So far that is the cheapest option available even if it isn't the most convenient.

My tip is take a shuttle if going solo and take a taxi if there are two or more in your party. The taxi cost is about $48 plus tip and you get door to pier service, that's Houston Hobby to Bayport cruise Terminal. Much better than waiting to share a bus or van shuttle that might surprise you with multiple pick up or drop off stops.

Good Morning DKcruiser10,

thank you for your tip. sounds like an excelent idea, we will be traveling from the San Francisco area to the Hobby airport in April 2015 with myself,DH, DD, SIL and 2 grandsons. Would any body know how it works with children in taxis regarding small children. Our gransons will be 7 and 4 when we go n this cruise. I do not know about car seat laws with taxis ?? Any help from anyone.

thank you

cindi :):)

Thanks for the info DRcruiser10.

I have booked a night at the Courtyard Marriott - they have a free shuttle from the airport to the hotel. Next I have looked into taking a cab to Bayport cruise terminal. Interesting enough yellow cab estimates a $75 fee and the Pasadena taxi company estimates $50. Both say it is a 30 min ride approx. 20-25 miles. Big difference for the same trip. Wonder why the difference.

Also have to look into at the end of the cruise getting back to Hobby Airport. NCL quotes $35 per person - but just hate to wait around while everyone boards the buses.

Thanks for the advice.

Reba

• 2 weeks later...

We will be on the Jewel for the 1-10-15 sailing from Bayport. At the moment, we are booked into the Drury Inn and Suites Houston Hobby Airport. They do free shuttles to/from the airport and offer some amenities like free light dinner, free pop and popcorn and free breakfast. I haven't made up my mind on how to get to the ship yet, but figured I could do the ship transfers or on my own if a better deal comes along.

I am somewhat concerned about all the fog talk on the boards. Never left from this area before and so wasn't aware of the possibility. Right now we have departure times at 1:25 and 2:00, is that safe? Any input appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

According to the Princess website, they recommend departure times no earlier than 1:30 pm for their cruises which return to Baytown. While fog is always a possibility, you will probably be fine with those departure times. Do you have travel insurance just in case there's a delay due to fog and you miss your flight?

• 1 month later...
Good Morning DKcruiser10,

thank you for your tip. sounds like an excelent idea, we will be traveling from the San Francisco area to the Hobby airport in April 2015 with myself,DH, DD, SIL and 2 grandsons. Would any body know how it works with children in taxis regarding small children. Our gransons will be 7 and 4 when we go n this cruise. I do not know about car seat laws with taxis ?? Any help from anyone.

thank you

cindi :):)

Did you already cruise? ill have this same problem with a 3 year old and 7 month old and looking at taxi/shuttle options in the area.

We will be on the Jewel for the 1-10-15 sailing from Bayport. At the moment, we are booked into the Drury Inn and Suites Houston Hobby Airport. They do free shuttles to/from the airport and offer some amenities like free light dinner, free pop and popcorn and free breakfast. I haven't made up my mind on how to get to the ship yet, but figured I could do the ship transfers or on my own if a better deal comes along.

I am somewhat concerned about all the fog talk on the boards. Never left from this area before and so wasn't aware of the possibility. Right now we have departure times at 1:25 and 2:00, is that safe? Any input appreciated.

Have you ever stayed at this hotel before ? We have a party of 9 and trying to suit everyone and budgets .

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...
I am looking for something similar but I don't think ANY Houston hotels offer shuttles to the port or Galveston hotels that offer airport shuttles.

I just called Royal Caribbean and their shuttle from Hobby to the pier is $32/per person each way (so $64/person round trip). So far that is the cheapest option available even if it isn't the most convenient.

Hi April(?),

Read through the roll call thread for Jan cruise and seems we're in a similar situation logistically.

We're also coming into Hobby on Saturday, staying overnight near airport, then looking for a cheap way to get to/from Port. To port, we're planning getting there on the early side; On the return from port, we're heading back to Hobby for a late flight @~6pm.

Looking to finalize ground transport soon. We have a taxi/van reserved Jan 11, Sunday ~9:30am for pickup either at Hobby or a hotel near Hobby, fixed cost, ~$110 all inclusive 1-way. We are two, and van can fit up to 6 people. Nothing is reserved for the return leg yet.

Message me at kuan dot public at gmail dot com if sharing/splitting taxi makes sense in either direction, as I can't figure out how to private message within the site.

Thanks,

Kuan

We are staying at LaQuinta near the Hobby airport. It is giving us transportation to and from airport as well as to and from the Galveston cruiseport. 1 room with2 queens for 4. Total Price is $292.49.

I have posted this on the Gulf Coast departures thread for possible negatives of this. But it sounds great for our needs.

Have you ever stayed at this hotel before ? We have a party of 9 and trying to suit everyone and budgets .

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No, never stayed here before, but it got generally good reviews on tripadvisor. My kicker to book this was getting 5,000 miles on Southwest Airlines through rocketmiles. Sorry I didn't answer you sooner.

We just got back from a cruise which departed from the Port of Houston (Baytown). We arrived a day early and stayed at the SpringHill Suites near Hobby airport. They have a free shuttle which will pick you up at the airport and they will also take you to any store, restaurant, etc. within 5 miles of the hotel. Our hotel rate for a room with 2 double beds and a sofa bed was under $110 per night (AAA rate).

The next day, we called Pasadena Taxi and they sent a minivan for our group of 4 and quoted us an estimate of $50 for the trip (Sunday morning). It was just under that amount (pre-tip).

We just got back from a cruise which departed from the Port of Houston (Baytown). We arrived a day early and stayed at the SpringHill Suites near Hobby airport. They have a free shuttle which will pick you up at the airport and they will also take you to any store, restaurant, etc. within 5 miles of the hotel. Our hotel rate for a room with 2 double beds and a sofa bed was under $110 per night (AAA rate).

The next day, we called Pasadena Taxi and they sent a minivan for our group of 4 and quoted us an estimate of $50 for the trip (Sunday morning). It was just under that amount (pre-tip).

GradUT: Would the rates for Pasadena Taxi be the same for just the two of us? Since it is a taxi cab company I would assume so. Did you call Pasadena Taxi in advance or just the morning of your cruise?

What did you do on your cruise return? Did you go directly to Hobby? Prearrange transportation or just grab a cab at the port? How much?

Thanks for all the advice!

GradUT: Would the rates for Pasadena Taxi be the same for just the two of us? Since it is a taxi cab company I would assume so. Did you call Pasadena Taxi in advance or just the morning of your cruise?

What did you do on your cruise return? Did you go directly to Hobby? Prearrange transportation or just grab a cab at the port? How much?

Thanks for all the advice!

1. Yes, the rate should be the same for just the two of you.

2. We just called on the morning of our departure--about an hour before we wanted to be picked up.

3. When we returned from the cruise, we just got a taxi from the port. It just happened to be another Pasadena Taxi. The driver was great because he offered us 3 different ways to get back to Hobby and told us the approximate charge for each. We chose the "middle" rate and it was about $60, pre-tip.