Our Days In Bermuda While on the NCL Breakaway

ajtraveler66

Just got home from a wonderful trip to Bermuda while on the NCL Breakaway. There were four of us--all in our 60's so our itinerary isn't for everyone.

On Day 1 we went to St. George's by bus and got to see much of the island. While in St. George's we had a reservation for high tea at Sweet P at the Perfumory. This was a wonderful experience...and the wonderful weather made it all the better. I highly recommend taking this in. We spent the rest of the day until 5:30 just walking around the town. We took the 5:30 ferry back to the dockyard and just ate on the boat.

On Day 2 we had reservations at Elbow Beach Resort for a day pass on the beach. It cost US $49.00 per person (but I gather some have had to pay more...don't know why). We were on the beach from 11:00 until about 5:30. It was SUPERB. Again....the weather was MOST cooperative. We caught a minivan back to the boat and ate on the boat that night. [Mickey's Bristro was on the beach.... we overdid it on ordering. I think it is VERY GOOD, but just go with a full stomach and only have a sandwich or a dessert. That way you can "protect" your wallet.

My only regret is that we did not squeeze some time into our itinerary to just look at Horseshoe Bay. But we did see it on our way back to the boat (from the minivan). The Elbow Beach experience, however, I would not have traded for anything.....Very private.....not too many people

Good info, thanks! We are going to be there mid-September so I've been actively researching all of those ideas on the forum.

For your Elbow Beach day, did you book through Resort For A Day? I called Elbow Beach Resort directly and they told me $100 for 2 people, each with chair, umbrella, and towel. But you can't pre-book it through them - it's first come, first serve for the day. I wouldn't want to show up without pre-booking just in case the hotel says they are sold out for the day.

The resort did offer an option to pre-book a cabana for $400 but that seems really pricey.

Thanks, glad you had a great time!

WarEagle89

Did it through the organization that you two have cited. Did it totally online, and the cost for us was $49.00 per person. We thought it was well worth it.

We saw the cabanas, but I cannot tell you about the price as we were content with the chair, towels, and big umbrella.

PLEASE DO THIS. YOU WON'T BE DISAPPOINTED. Hopefully the weather will be good for you too.

Our day was a very humid one. But it was totally unnoticeable with the ocean breeze.

Did it through the organization that you two have cited. Did it totally online, and the cost for us was $49.00 per person. We thought it was well worth it.

We saw the cabanas, but I cannot tell you about the price as we were content with the chair, towels, and big umbrella.

PLEASE DO THIS. YOU WON'T BE DISAPPOINTED. Hopefully the weather will be good for you too.

Our day was a very humid one. But it was totally unnoticeable with the ocean breeze.

I went to Elbow Beach and was disappointed. It is not a bad beach at all but it does not compare to Horseshoe Beach and the neighboring coves. I don't see any reason to pay $49, $69 or $99 for Elbow. I was not inspired to return and I only paid $15 for a lounge chair.

Just got home from a wonderful trip to Bermuda while on the NCL Breakaway. There were four of us--all in our 60's so our itinerary isn't for everyone.

On Day 1 we went to St. George's by bus and got to see much of the island. While in St. George's we had a reservation for high tea at Sweet P at the Perfumory. This was a wonderful experience...and the wonderful weather made it all the better. I highly recommend taking this in. We spent the rest of the day until 5:30 just walking around the town. We took the 5:30 ferry back to the dockyard and just ate on the boat.

On Day 2 we had reservations at Elbow Beach Resort for a day pass on the beach. It cost US $49.00 per person (but I gather some have had to pay more...don't know why). We were on the beach from 11:00 until about 5:30. It was SUPERB. Again....the weather was MOST cooperative. We caught a minivan back to the boat and ate on the boat that night. [Mickey's Bristro was on the beach.... we overdid it on ordering. I think it is VERY GOOD, but just go with a full stomach and only have a sandwich or a dessert. That way you can "protect" your wallet.

My only regret is that we did not squeeze some time into our itinerary to just look at Horseshoe Bay. But we did see it on our way back to the boat (from the minivan). The Elbow Beach experience, however, I would not have traded for anything.....Very private.....not too many people

LOL! :D

My wallet came home very skinny after a couple of meals in Bermuda.:D

Resort For A Day is quoting a "low season" price of $49 per person and a "high season price" of $69 per person. The high season price is for travel July 20 to September 6.

Ha they got wise! This low and high season thing wasn't there till last month.