Luau on arrival day

EllieinNJ

Our 9am nonstop flight from Newark arrives 2pm (7pm our time). We intend to take a taxi to our hotel in Waikiki. I have never been able to sleep on a plane so do you think we would be too tired to do a luau that picks you up at 4:45pm? Or should we just walk around a bit, have dinner and do it the next day after Pearl Harbor and City tour? I just hate to waste any time. I'm sorry I didn't allot for another day before the cruise.

That's a lot of sitting on the plans then sitting again at night. You luau will probably be over by 8:30 . While luau's are nice and entertaining they are more on the quiet side rather than party. You also won't get to your hotel much before 3:00 pm by the time you get your luggage and hopefully no traffic tie ups.

Edited by Ilovesailing

I would find it difficult to enjoy a luau on my first day in Hawaii, even with a 2 p.m. arrival. After getting up at an early hour - 6 a.m.? - flying for 10+ hours, adjusting to a 5 hour time difference - by the time the luau starts, you'll likely have trouble keeping your eyes open (it will be 10:30 pm 'home time' when the luau starts, and 1:30 a.m. when it ends.)