Palm Court garden

mrpayroll

Considering Palm Court garden for our upcoming cruise. Any opinions about good or bad for spending the day there appreciated. ( Been to St. Kitts before and done the tours ) Thanks...:)

We had a relaxing day there a few weeks ago. We walked to and from the property with no issues.

Claudia was very helpful with communications before we went. We had specific loungers reserved as advised. When we arrived the loungers were reserved as requested. The property is not very big and was quite full the day we were there. Many of the guests were staff from the ship. It was very hot but also quite windy. If you want a quiet relaxing day by the pool, with a book this is ideal. There is a small garden area to view, food and restaurant area looked good, (but we didn't eat), bar by the pool. The only negative was the pool was really cold and I usually enjoy a pool, after the initial shock!

It was an easy and cost effective excursion on a port intensive cruise and I am sure we will return again in the future.

We found out about Palm Court Gardens on one of our stops on our food tour. Loved the gardens and the views. Have gone back since.

The only downfall was the water was too cold the last time we were there. Go early as the place started to fill up with ship crew by early afternoon.

Thanks to both of you for your input. Just wondering why the pool would be cold ? We will be there on May 4th. :)

Not sure why the water was so cold and strange that the other poster thought this too. I was there beginning of April and although the day was very hot I thought perhaps there hadn't been sufficient hot days preceding but now I wonder if it is always like that. I think it is something I might ask about next time I emailed. Claudia seemed very responsive to emails so maybe she could say if it is always cold or if it is certain times of the year?

Pity because it was a nice pool and lots of people having photos at the edge of the infinity pool with the view but they were all shivering!

Edited by c-leg5

Thanks very much for this post!

We are seriously going to Palm Court on our port stop in January to have something different to do this time in St. Kitts.

Would going there still be enjoyable without getting into the pool?

LuLu

We are seriously going to Palm Court on our port stop in January to have something different to do this time in St. Kitts.

LuLu

If you are looking for a relaxing place with nice view close to the port I think you would enjoy it. Other people have recommended restaurant but I cannot vouch for that. There is no entertainment there other than piped music so you need to take something to read, or listen to.

Just confirmed reservations for our upcoming cruise. Saw You Tube video and it looks very nice. Wife will be content to sit and read, but i love being in the water. Hope the water isn't to cold....:eek:

enjoy your day! Please report back and let us know about the water.

• 1 month later...
Happy to say that we spent the day here and it was fantastic. If you are looking for a very relaxing day with a beautiful view , this is the place to go. Google it to see a little video of it.

Thanks! Appreciate your positive report back! :)

• 2 weeks later...
Happy to say that we spent the day here and it was fantastic. If you are looking for a very relaxing day with a beautiful view , this is the place to go. Google it to see a little video of it.

Agreed. I had a pleasant stay at Palm Garden. Was about a 10-15 minute walk from the cruise port. The only negative was the speed of their free wi fi, but that wont stop me from returning.

Agreed. I had a pleasant stay at Palm Garden. Was about a 10-15 minute walk from the cruise port. The only negative was the speed of their free wi fi, but that wont stop me from returning.

Thanks so much! Really appreciate your reporting back.

Looks great for us. We would want to take a taxi there and back!

LuLu

We enjoyed the walk there and back - no problems. Did you use the pool? How was the water- that was my only negative.

We enjoyed the walk there and back - no problems. Did you use the pool? How was the water- that was my only negative.

I did use the infinity pool with the great view of the ship. I had no issue with the water. What problem did you encounter?

Thanks so much! Really appreciate your reporting back.

Looks great for us. We would want to take a taxi there and back!

LuLu

You should not have a problem getting a taxi at the cruise port. It should be very short ride. Does the Palm Garden site list the cost of a taxi from the port?

LuLu

They have a bar and a great view. :D What else do we need ? We made reservations already, see you there.

I did use the infinity pool with the great view of the ship. I had no issue with the water. What problem did you encounter?

As stated earlier in this thread, another poster and myself found the water extremely cold - not just the kind of cold that you feel when you get in initially.

I visited at the beginning of April, maybe it improves as the season goes on.