New Internet Pricing

Can anyone who traveled recently tell me what the new pricing is for the Internet? Especially the longer cruises - 11 or 12 night?

I'm leaving two of my kiddos and hubby at home - I desperately need to have contact and want to budget it accordingly.

Thank you! [emoji16]

Disclaimer: Please don't quote me on any of this. This is the best I can recall from memory. I saved the webpage to an .html file while I was on the ship, but now it won't open.

They did away with the different speed tiers. Everything is now just advertised as being able to surf the web, chat, email and stream.

I was on the last sailing (returned 3/1/15) which was 9 days. They were pushing the $180 unlimited plan for 2 devices that was broken down to $90 per device which was then broken into $10 per day. There was a big $10/day internet sign at guest services, so I'm sure they will be pushing that going forward as $10/day gets your attention.

Here were the plans that I saw:

$180 for 2 devices unlimited for 9 days.

$150 for 1 device unlimited for the 9 days.

There was a $29.95 for 1 hour to be used throughout the entire cruise

There was a $29.95 for unlimited for a 24 hour period

$19.99 for a 30 minute sampler that I believe was only towards the end.

$29.95 for unlimited 72 hours towards the end of the cruise

These are all before any Crown and Anchor discounts.

Latency was low (~40-50ms) and speed was fast (~5Mbs up and down (it was not "Half Fast" lol :D).

Any of these plans are really a bargain if you consider what goes into making it all work and considering what an upgrade it is vs. older ships as well as what some land based hotels charge.

Hope this helps and let me know if you have any questions.

Disclaimer: Please don't quote me on any of this. This is the best I can recall from memory. I saved the webpage to an .html file while I was on the ship, but now it won't open.

They did away with the different speed tiers. Everything is now just advertised as being able to surf the web, chat, email and stream.

I was on the last sailing (returned 3/1/15) which was 9 days. They were pushing the $180 unlimited plan for 2 devices that was broken down to $90 per device which was then broken into $10 per day. There was a big $10/day internet sign at guest services, so I'm sure they will be pushing that going forward as $10/day gets your attention.

Latency was low (~40-50ms) and speed was fast (~5Mbs up and down (it was not "Half Fast" lol :D).

Any of these plans are really a bargain if you consider what goes into making it all work and considering what an upgrade it is vs. older ships as well as what some land based hotels charge.

My husband and I are both D and so will get the discount. I know I will go beyond those minutes as I need to be in touch with my elderly mom and daughter while we are away. What is the most efficient and economical way to take advantage of the two discounts but then get an unlimited plan? any suggestions?

Thanks!

This helps me tremendously! Thank you! When I was on for the sampler in November they had the different tiers going on. Glad to see they did away with that and made it just one package for everything. Thank you so much again!

My husband and I are both D and so will get the discount. I know I will go beyond those minutes as I need to be in touch with my elderly mom and daughter while we are away. What is the most efficient and economical way to take advantage of the two discounts but then get an unlimited plan? any suggestions?

Thanks!

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong - but I believe that it's not possible to combine discounts. You can both get the free hour separately, but you can't "stack" discounts together toward the unlimited package. Wouldn't that be nice if you could - I have 4 diamonds in my room! :D

Edited by jmrothermel

Sitting on Q off St Kitts right now. Unlimited package for our 12 nights was $180 for 1 device and $270 for 2 devices. From that we were able to deduct our $30 diamond discount. Speed very good. Was able to skype with one of my daughters. Video was a bit choppy by audio very clear

Sitting on Q off St Kitts right now. Unlimited package for our 12 nights was $180 for 1 device and $270 for 2 devices. From that we were able to deduct our $30 diamond discount. Speed very good. Was able to skype with one of my daughters. Video was a bit choppy by audio very clear

Perfect! Thank you! This is my exact sailing so that helps me very much. Hope you're having a wonderful time!

I'm glad that the $29.95 for an hour to be used throughout the cruise made it's appearance again. This is usually the perk for the D members. This was not available on the 2/2 cruise and a bunch of us D & D+ buttonholed the GS manager and he allowed us to be able to use it. For this group they introduced a special $19.95 for an hour to be used during the entire nite cruise.

Does anyone have any further information? I remember previously hearing that there were three tiers of internet, basic premium, and premium plus. Each plan offered a different amount of bandwidth making it more suited to different activities.

My partner and I are likely to get a 2-device unlimited package, but I don't know which speed. We're cruising for 2 weeks and expect to have to pay a fair whack for it. Just curious to get some definitive pricing.

Does anyone have any further information? I remember previously hearing that there were three tiers of internet, basic premium, and premium plus. Each plan offered a different amount of bandwidth making it more suited to different activities.

My partner and I are likely to get a 2-device unlimited package, but I don't know which speed. We're cruising for 2 weeks and expect to have to pay a fair whack for it. Just curious to get some definitive pricing.

They did away with the multiple tiers. Just all one speed now [emoji4]

They did away with the multiple tiers. Just all one speed now [emoji4]

Oh wow, really? In that case the prices being quoted seem really good (well... considering). We're sailing for 14-nights so that would then be $280 for 2 weeks (based on the per-night pricing) for 2 devices. That's less than I'd allowed.

Oh wow, really? In that case the prices being quoted seem really good (well... considering). We're sailing for 14-nights so that would then be $280 for 2 weeks (based on the per-night pricing) for 2 devices. That's less than I'd allowed.

Are you on the April 12th sailing?

Are you on the April 12th sailing?

No, I'm actually not sailing on Quantum at all. I'm on a 2-week Anthem sailing in September for my honeymoon (my boyfriend and I get married in August). I realise they might price it slightly differently, but this is a nice indication.

No, I'm actually not sailing on Quantum at all. I'm on a 2-week Anthem sailing in September for my honeymoon (my boyfriend and I get married in August). I realise they might price it slightly differently, but this is a nice indication.

Congratulations and Enjoy!

Nice to see you on here Duncan, makes a change from cruise.co :)

Thanks Mike! ;-) I find CruiseCritic overwhelmingly busy at times, as if I could never keep up with the posts. But it's undoubtedly the best source of information and the only place worth bothering with a roll call!

I am sailing in July, so well get you up to date pricing before you sail. I am also in awe of the tech and this ship was perfect for my and the Wife, well mainly me, but it was my choice this year and years next year.

I phone Royal Caribbean earlier in the year about internet prices and packages. They have a daily unlimited amount and a whole cruise amount. What I found surprising is that the price quoted for the whole cruise was the same for 7/10/12/14 day cruises. So on our 14 day cruises we get a better deal going for the whole cruise internet package. I worked it out to be about £8 a day. Now that compared to last years cruise where it was £20 an hour, what a saving and unlimited I'm not counting minutes or data.

What 14 day cruise did you choose for your honeymoon?

I am sailing in July, so well get you up to date pricing before you sail. I am also in awe of the tech and this ship was perfect for my and the Wife, well mainly me, but it was my choice this year and years next year.

I phone Royal Caribbean earlier in the year about internet prices and packages. They have a daily unlimited amount and a whole cruise amount. What I found surprising is that the price quoted for the whole cruise was the same for 7/10/12/14 day cruises. So on our 14 day cruises we get a better deal going for the whole cruise internet package. I worked it out to be about £8 a day. Now that compared to last years cruise where it was £20 an hour, what a saving and unlimited I'm not counting minutes or data.

What 14 day cruise did you choose for your honeymoon?

That's great, thanks for that and the up to date info in July would be fab! I'd be amazed if Royal charged the same 'per cruise' amount regardless of length. If som then the 14-night cruise is the sweet spot, clearly.

We're on the 1st September Anthem sailing round the Med from Southampton. Not a massively inspiring itinerary, but were still relative newbies to cruising so we've plenty to explore yet. And the ship was a huge temptation for us!

So exciting about all the little details. I'd actually love to see the virtual balcony in action, but as we've got a real one I doubt that's likely! WowBands for RFID purchases and door opening, such a revelation! I'm visiting Walt Dismey World in April and they use MagicBands so I'm excited to trial the convenience there first!

We're on the 1st September Anthem sailing round the Med from Southampton. Not a massively inspiring itinerary, but were still relative newbies to cruising so we've plenty to explore yet. And the ship was a huge temptation for us!

That is the same cruise I am doing in July, so look out for my full review when complete and I'll try and answer any questions you might have, specially from another tech fan point of view.

The itinerary has some wonderfully stops on it, I have only visited 3 ports out of the 8 before. Gibraltar is my home from home, when I was in the Royal Navy.

I'm really looking forward to the bionic bar and seeing what I can make it do, as I used to run a London Pub in my earlier careers.

I'm on the June 20th sailing and intending to get the package for the whole trip, I'll let you know how I get on.

I'll post what I see as well. I'm on the sailing that departs today :D

Have a great cruise! And yeah, screenshots of the package prices would be wonderful :) How long is your cruise?

Just got off the 3/13 Quantum cruise. (we had an 8 day bahamas cruise so prices relfect the 8 day package)

Unlimited (2 devices) was $160 ($10 per person per day) before your Crown and Anchor discount - We are Emerald and it was 15% off.

Unlimited (1 device) was $120 ($15 per day)

Daily (valid for 24 consecutive hours) was $29.95

Hourly (valid for 60 minutes throughout the cruise) $29.95

Using Royal IQ to text/call other cruisers on the ship was free.

Hope that helps!