New Internet Pricing

Confirmed for the March 21st as well. Just purchased the 2 device unlimited. With 10% off it was $144. We are 8 day sailing as well.

Just got off the 3/13 Quantum cruise. (we had an 8 day bahamas cruise so prices relfect the 8 day package)

Unlimited (2 devices) was $160 ($10 per person per day) before your Crown and Anchor discount - We are Emerald and it was 15% off.

Unlimited (1 device) was $120 ($15 per day)

Daily (valid for 24 consecutive hours) was $29.95

Hourly (valid for 60 minutes throughout the cruise) $29.95

Using Royal IQ to text/call other cruisers on the ship was free.

Hope that helps!

That's great, thanks for that and the up to date info in July would be fab! I'd be amazed if Royal charged the same 'per cruise' amount regardless of length. If som then the 14-night cruise is the sweet spot, clearly.

We're on the 1st September Anthem sailing round the Med from Southampton. Not a massively inspiring itinerary, but were still relative newbies to cruising so we've plenty to explore yet. And the ship was a huge temptation for us!

So exciting about all the little details. I'd actually love to see the virtual balcony in action, but as we've got a real one I doubt that's likely! WowBands for RFID purchases and door opening, such a revelation! I'm visiting Walt Dismey World in April and they use MagicBands so I'm excited to trial the convenience there first!

I -loved- the virtual balcony. I hope they've got the sound part working again (it WAS, on the maiden transatlantic but then wasn't working for the inaugurals to the Bahamas and the Caribbean). I loved the WowBands too (get the ones with the buckle, and not the flakey snaps).

Glad to hear the Internet is working better and the pricing is getting more reasonable.

What I am hoping to try out is purchase a single device unlimited package. Connect my Samsung Galaxy S5 phone (Android) to the internet. Then switch on tethering (not sure if apple has evolved enough to have this feature yet, but android been doing it for years) and turn my phone into a wifi hotspot, then link other devices to it, i.e. wife's phone, my tablet, my camera, wife's tablet.

This should work and only register one device connected to the ship's wifi. The only draw back to this is that the other devices have to be in range of the S5 phone to get the internet connection. Majority of the time this will be fine.

I will let everyone know if this works, unless someone travelling before me can do this. I travel in July 2015.

What I am hoping to try out is purchase a single device unlimited package. Connect my Samsung Galaxy S5 phone (Android) to the internet. Then switch on tethering (not sure if apple has evolved enough to have this feature yet, but android been doing it for years) and turn my phone into a wifi hotspot, then link other devices to it, i.e. wife's phone, my tablet, my camera, wife's tablet.

This should work and only register one device connected to the ship's wifi. The only draw back to this is that the other devices have to be in range of the S5 phone to get the internet connection. Majority of the time this will be fine.

I will let everyone know if this works, unless someone travelling before me can do this. I travel in July 2015.

Currently crusing and when I disabled carrier data function it takes away the personal hotspot option. This is iPhone 6 tho.

It would be fab if you can do that... though I would have thought that you couldn't share a WiFi connection over WiFi? I could be wrong as I'm not familiar with the S5 as much. I use tethering all the time, but only to share my 3G/4G connection.

Just got off the 3/13 Quantum cruise. (we had an 8 day bahamas cruise so prices relfect the 8 day package)

Unlimited (2 devices) was $160 ($10 per person per day) before your Crown and Anchor discount - We are Emerald and it was 15% off.

Hope that helps!

BobKat 406 ....... Can you explain the "using Royal IQ to text /call other cruisers on the ship is free". With an Ipad or smartphone, do you download the app , then use it while onboard?? Does it work even if you do not purchase an internet package?

Thanks for any information.

Hope that helps!

Thank you for the information. Do you happen to recall if the one device plan was one device connected at a time? Or was, it truly one device, so, I couldn't use both my phone and my tablet at separate times? Also, could people traveling in different cabins share a 2 device plan?

Sorry for all the questions. Six weeks until it's my turn.

Thanks in advance.

Steeler - you register for an account. As long as you logoff from one device you can logon with another to the same account name/password. I'm not sure about being in separate cabins or if it matters since you set up an account with a username/pw and can use on any device. As long as the plan is paid for by one or the other you should be able to both use it.

SWS - download the Royal IQ app before you leave. You will not be able to do anything with it until you get on the ship. Once on the ship, open the app and follow instructions. Texting each other on the ship is free through the Royal IQ app. When you sign on you will get a code for your device as will anyone else who has the app. You just need to enter the codes of the devices you want to text with into your phone (and they do the same). You will only be able to text to the phones that you code into the app.

Hope that helps.

Does anyone know if the unlimited wifi option for 2 devices is available on the Serenade of the Seas? We used it on the Allure and it worked wonderfully. Thinking about taking a cruise in Europe and definitely want this option. Thanks in advance!

Does anyone know if the unlimited wifi option for 2 devices is available on the Serenade of the Seas? We used it on the Allure and it worked wonderfully. Thinking about taking a cruise in Europe and definitely want this option. Thanks in advance!

If it helps, I assumed that unlimited pricing would only be available on ships with O3B systems installed, but last November on Splendour of the Seas (Greek Isles) I had that option and was very impressed. It wasn't as fast as the O3B stuff, but when you're not paying by the minute waiting someone doesn't seem is frustrating!

Hopefully someone on that specific ship can comment, but I assume this new pricing model is fleet-wide now.

We were just on Serenade and they had the unlimited option - but only for one device. It wasn't an issue because if you logged on with a second device it would just bump the other one off. My husband and I were able to share it this way and had no problems.

I have a Kindle fire ! Can I stream movies like at home on wifi ?

Some people have reported streaming Netflix (though at what quality I don't know), so it's possible, I'll believe it when I see it with my own eyes!!