Photo Package, is it worth this price ?

sibs

Okay my family can only sale during the Christmas holiday. I know I have to pay extra for the room and specialty restaurants. But, the photo package with pictures is $295. Almost $100 more than the normal price I have seen people quote. I need advice trying to figure if I should take the plunge. My kids are 21, 20 and 18. This might be one of our last true "family" vacations. How are the quality of the pictures? Will the lines for pictures on Oasis be so long that we wont have many taken? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks for your thoughts nad imput ahead of time.

No way to know if it is worth it to you. You will have to make that decision

We think the photogs do a good job. We get several taken during the cruise(cost nothing) and then pick out a couple we like to take home

They take some pretty decent pictures. We like to visit all the photo stations on formal night and pick out the best ones. They also have a digital photo package that you can access from home and share the photos if you don't need an actual print.

It depends. On earlier cruises, we bought way too many photos that are honestly still sitting in envelopes somewhere. On our last cruise, we picked out our favorite 8x10 from the dozens that were taken, paid our $19.95, and it is already hanging on the wall. Quality over quantity.

My Mom bought the $38 per day unlimited package which is all the photos you take on a USB drive. If you do this make sure you get them to punch in the room number of whoever has the package. She thought it was a great deal. She loves to take pictures and this way she could take as many as she wanted, all over the ship and have them all. These days I think people share their pictures online anyway, so the cost of that package plus the few you'll want prints of certainly seems like a good deal. I mean, not for me, because I don't care about photos, but if you care enough to make this post I think it's worth it for you.

Some photographers specifically ask for your Sea Pass for the formal night photos, so this is not always possible.

If you're taking a photo with 4 people split between two cabins, and cabin A has the package and cabin B doesn't, what I'm saying is make sure you give them the card for cabin A. I may have been sloppy in my explanation but it most certainly is always possible.

If you're taking a photo with 4 people split between two cabins, and cabin A has the package and cabin B doesn't, what I'm saying is make sure you give them the card for cabin A. I may have been sloppy in my explanation but it most certainly is always possible.

Sorry about that. I didn't know you were talking about group photos. I thought you were referring to families traveling together in multiple staterooms and giving out the cabin of the one with the package whether they were together or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by WeighAnchor

Okay my family can only sale during the Christmas holiday. I know I have to pay extra for the room and specialty restaurants. But, the photo package with pictures is $295. Almost $100 more than the normal price I have seen people quote. I need advice trying to figure if I should take the plunge. My kids are 21, 20 and 18. This might be one of our last true "family" vacations. How are the quality of the pictures? Will the lines for pictures on Oasis be so long that we wont have many taken? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks for your thoughts nad imput ahead of time.

In the end you have to make the choice for your self if it is worth it or not. However this is my take on it (in a story).

Last Nov./Dec. was mine and my mothers first cruise. First trip we ever did together and we had not had photos done in 20+ years. So I got the print photo package for us. From the start of the cruise with the welcome aboard photo you take when getting on the ship, to the photos at night to the photos taken in port we had photos done together and by our self. The photos turned out great. When we got home we figured out the price and if we would have paid for each one it would have been about 3,000.00 for them all. We were able to use them for Christmas presents and have them hanging up. This year when we go we will not be getting them...not because we did not love the photos or anything, but because my sister is getting a cruise for her 45th birthday that the 3 of us are taking together and we will be getting one then. So to us it was worth it.

Another factor you have to think about this might be the last real family vacation that the 5 of you take together...good way to remember it.

I am a picture person, so I would definitely say it is worth it, especially since this may be your last family vacation for a while. We purchased it a few years ago, and got a bunch of great photos. Every night, there are many formal stations set up, and you can go to all of them if you like. It is also a chance to take casual or goofy pictures that you normally would not take. You also get all the pictures taken in port (as you debark the ship or at Labadee), so be sure to stop for photographers. That said, if your family does not taking pictures, you will need to let them know about the package...

With respect to the lines for pictures, we always tried to be ready 30 mins before dinner, so that the lines would be relatively short.

• 6 months later...

I was on the fence but I think I'm getting it for my upcoming cruise. Between me and my daughter, we easily spend about $150 on pics and there are ones we leave behind because we can't afford them all. There are definitely photo ops I would like to take, but passed on because I just didn't want to have to choose. And just for formal night alone, if you just think about how much you would spend to take formal pics on land, it is totally worth it. And on the usb, you can print as many as you want so everyone can have a copy of their favorites instead of just getting one picture. Hopefully you received some onboard credit which will make the sting of it a little bit better! :)