Johnny Devlin suffers Cardiac arrest on Princess cruise

New Zealand rock and roll legend Johnny Devlin has survived a heart attack while on a cruise off the coast of Australia.

The 77-year-old star was on a 10-day P&O Princess cruise last week when he suffered a cardiac arrest, the Daily Mail reported.

Medical staff quickly treated him on board the vessel, and Devlin had since thanked them for keeping him alive.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/music/69766015/rock-legend-johnny-devlin-survives-cardiac-arrest-on-cruise-ship

I hope his triple bypass surgery this week goes well.

Yet another Aussie, I didn't know was really a Kiwi.

Just recalled that I first saw Johnny Devlin as a support act for the Beatles, at the Festival Hall, in Brisbane, in 1964!

Just recalled that I first saw Johnny Devlin as a support act for the Beatles, at the Festival Hall, in Brisbane, in 1964!

My John worked with him around 1976 in a Brisbane club called Blinkers.... just down the road from DB's....my Johns second home....... Johnny Devlin just like my John whether they smoked or not would have been smoking for Australia in clubs such as there were back then.....no extractors or smoking bans in those days ....... no wonder they both require/required bypass grafts :eek::eek:

My John worked with him around 1976 in a Brisbane club called Blinkers.... just down the road from DB's....my Johns second home....... Johnny Devlin just like my John whether they smoked or not would have been smoking for Australia in clubs such as there were back then.....no extractors or smoking bans in those days ....... no wonder they both require/required bypass grafts :eek::eek:

It really is a small world.