Anybody, from past experience, when does Viking issue flight e-ticket numbers?

$hip$hape

Well he wants some sort of Premium seating based on his Viking bulk ticket ;)

And Delta calls it Delta Comfort Plus and there are about 30 - 35 of these seats on long haul flights.

Edited by JVilleGal

My experience with Viking Air is, alas, nil. However, if I wanted authoritative answers to questions about Viking Air I would hope to get a response from a Viking representative who would understand the bigger picture rather than just some random anecdotes from past Viking customers. Wait a minute, didn't an actual Viking representative already give a response?

My experience with Viking Air is, alas, nil. However, if I wanted authoritative answers to questions about Viking Air I would hope to get a response from a Viking representative who would understand the bigger picture rather than just some random anecdotes from past Viking customers. Wait a minute, didn't an actual Viking representative already give a response?

But when you don't get an answer that you immediately like, it's far more fun to continue the thread, re-ask quesions and ignore the direct answer from an authoritative source.

At least that's the most plausible reason for ignoring Viking's answer.

• 3 weeks later...
Usually my wife and I make travel arrangements on our own, but this time we are with a group of over 50 pax going on a Viking River Cruise in May, 2016, with flights thru Viking.

Since I'm 6 foot 2 inches, I would like to upgrade to Delta Economy Comfort seats for the overnight flight to CDG and there are only a limited amount of 40 seats available.

So far we know, from the Viking web-site, we are flying from PIT(Pittsburgh) to CDG (Paris) on Delta and have the flight numbers/ information, but cannot upgrade our seats to “Economy Comfort” since we are not yet *ticketed.

When looking at the flights, Delta shows the back end of the plane , rows 30 and on back, as “unavailable' since our group obviously received the cheapest seats.

Viking says on their web-site that we should be ticketed AFTER 75 days.

I'd like to get a jump on this, as I feel that at least half of our group would like to upgrade to Economy Comfort.

With only limited seats available, do I have to check daily about 75 days to see if Viking has paid Delta and I have an E-ticket number?

* Today Viking says "Your journey begins in 86 days"

Viking has not yet paid Delta, even though WE paid Viking in-full for our cruise/air package almost a year in advance.

Weeks ago, before starting this thread, I told our Travel Agent we wanted to upgrade from economy to economy comfort when available.

She said we would get “ticketed” about 60 days out, then if available, we could upgrade.

Economy seats would have been fine, but “Economy Comfort” was our goal.

(I could see that we were going to be on a narrow-bodied 757-200 both ways across the Atlantic, and at 40 rows of 6 seats wide, (ABC isle DEF), they tend to be a little claustrophobic for 8-9 hour flights.)

Weeks ago we had looked over our options, many of which were again suggested here. Thank you.

We were not interested in paying Viking extra for early tickets.(Viking's answer to this issue)

We had already paid Viking “in full”, almost a year in advance, for our flight/cruise package. We should not have to pay even more for them to give Delta their due, instead making us wait to get “ticketed”. We decided to take our chances with economy seats, “in the back of the bus”.

A few days ago, at 62 days out, I was doing a random check of my on-line Credit Card account, when I noticed four very recent “pending” transactions from Delta for $99.00 each.

Then, with my CC number, I checked “My Trips” on the Delta web-site.*

Sure enough, my Travel Agent had just upgraded our seats from Economy to Economy Comfort(Premium Economy). Now, with access to our *record locator (and ticket numbers), I went in and tweaked the TA's pick to change to the exact seats we wanted.

I immediately sent our TA a voice message, thanking her for making the transaction. I had my doubts that she could accommodate all the upgrade request of a group of more than 50. I also understood, When you are a group booking, you are going to get what you get. ( TA has yet to respond.) I wanted to know how she had info that we were “ticketed”, even though it did not show on our “My Viking” page. I guess, Viking sent her an email notification, and that's how she earns her keep.

“Your -e-Ticket Numbers: Unavailable”

Today, on the "My Viking Journey" page of VRC, it's still showing the same message. I'm happy that our TA took care of this.

Today, at 59 days out, there are only a smattering of 7 or 8 single Economy Comfort seats left on either of our direct flights, going to and coming from Paris-CDG.

I started this thread with a simple request; From past experience, when does Viking issue tickets?

I don't know if anyone will even read this, but “thanks” to all of you. Even though I sensed some ridicule, it's been fun,

...even though you didn't know the answer.:p

*As many of you know, to look up an existing trip on Delta (on-line),

you need to sign in with either a confirmation number, a ticket number, or the credit card that was used.

You need to know that some seats Viking (and other cruise air dept) use are bulk tickets and can NOT be upgraded. You need to find out what "Fare Class" your ticket is being issued in. So to clarify "some" tickets are upgradable and "some" are not..... Just beware and have that little nugget of info in your brain.

JVilleGal,

Truly, Thanks for all the "nuggets" here and in your past responses to other threads.

Actually there is more to this story that involves....:o:eek:

If you are interested,

shipshapeop at gmail.com

Do you have a link to the CC Viking River Cruise Board?

Please excuse my ignorance; I could not find it.

There isn't a specific VIKING River cruise board - just a general river cruise board where people from all different lines post. Lots of Viking animosity there too :)

Congrats on surviving the process! Now you need to babysit those seating S often and the 2 wks prior daily, including the last thing you do BEFORE leaving for the airport!

Have a great trip and report back!

Update:

Today, at 50 days out, on the*"My Viking Journey" page of VRC, it's still showing the same message; “Your -e-Ticket Numbers: Unavailable”

So I contacted Viking and asked why “My Viking Journey” still says, “Your -e-Ticket Numbers: Unavailable”*.

Response : “Your flights are still not ticketed, which is normal as ticketing typically begins at 45 days. “ :confused::):rolleyes:

Update:

Today, at 50 days out, on the*"My Viking Journey" page of VRC, it's still showing the same message; “Your -e-Ticket Numbers: Unavailable”

So I contacted Viking and asked why “My Viking Journey” still says, “Your -e-Ticket Numbers: Unavailable”*.

Response : “Your flights are still not ticketed, which is normal as ticketing typically begins at 45 days. “ :confused::):rolleyes:

Ohhh I am so sorry! :(