Diederk vs Bernards

1boisemom

Has anyone done both of these tours? They seem to be pretty much the same but the itinerary for Diederick looks slightly more appealing. Any input is appreciated! :)

That is a new name to me. Where did you hear of Diederick tours?

Edit: Aww first time poster. Please do tell :) Welcome to cc BTW :)

Edited by Karysa

Yes…first time posting! :) Just checking out all of the ports for a cruise we are going on. The first time we cruised we just “winged it” and I feel like we may have missed out on seeing “must see” things. This time I am searching every port so that we don’t miss anything! I found Diederick through trip advisor. Great reviews (like Bernards) but they spend more time in Marigot.

Edited by 1boisemom

Yes…first time posting! :) Just checking out all of the ports for a cruise we are going on. The first time we cruised we just “winged it” and I feel like we may have missed out on seeing “must see” things. This time I am searching every port so that we don’t miss anything! I found Diederick through trip advisor. Great reviews (like Bernards) but they spend more time in Marigot.

I have never had a tour on St. Maarten and personally when I see the tour buses parked in my beloved Grand Case I cringe, but to each his own as they say.:)

I love Bernard's Tours. We chose the shopping tour and spent plenty of time at each stop. The guide was very knowledgeable and the price was very good.

I have not heard of the other company.

Edited by dacsmom

We just did Bernard's last week! Loved it! Only thing was we wished we had chosen Tour 1 the shopping tour, so we would have had more shopping time and not stopped at Orient Beach.

The guide "DJ" was GREAT! Our first time to St Martin and got to see and learn a lot!

Would highly recommend Bernards!

Oasis of the Seas June 27th 2015.

• 5 months later...

Yes, still ample time to shop in Phillipsburgh, both tour operators will drop you off at the shopping area or take you back to the ship. You can then choose to take a taxi, water taxi or if its not too hot you can walk back to your ship with time to spare.

I have a question. When you get done with either one of Bernards tours do you still have time to shop around the port?

• 2 weeks later...