Infiniti Remodel

mcrcruiser

Do you think it will get any updates, as 2011 is four years now. A little concerned about the condition as we are book for SA in 2016

A remodel is very different to ongoing maintenance [if my American English is correct]. All the ships under ongoing maintenance all the time.

We were on Infinity in South America last December. It seemed fine. But she is getting old and you can see the signs if you look carefully. I suspect the M class ships will be replaced in the next few years. Can't imagine millions will be spent on a major refit.

Only thing we didn't like on Fini was the United States restaurant. Drab compared to the Olympic Grill on Milly.

We were on Infinity in South America last December. It seemed fine. But she is getting old and you can see the signs if you look carefully. I suspect the M class ships will be replaced in the next few years. Can't imagine millions will be spent on a major refit.

Only thing we didn't like on Fini was the United States restaurant. Drab compared to the Olympic Grill on Milly.

We booked her for Mar 2016 coming back from Chile. We like the Panama Canal, and it sure beats flying both ways. I booked a royal suite, and am concerned that it may be getting weary. That is the only ship that comes back at that time, and I do like Celebrity. Just do not want to spend all the money if it is looking bad

We booked her for Mar 2016 coming back from Chile. We like the Panama Canal, and it sure beats flying both ways. I booked a royal suite, and am concerned that it may be getting weary. That is the only ship that comes back at that time, and I do like Celebrity. Just do not want to spend all the money if it is looking bad

We were in a Royal suite on Fini around South America and it was starting to show its age. Grouting between the tiles in the bathroom was discolouring, if you used the whirlpool bath feature it left a brown stain around the tub (on the second attempt I filled the bath, ran the blowers then emptied the bath but still left a ring. There was no third attempt. I did mention it to the staff), and some cupboard doors needed help to close. And the TVs and what you can receive on them and do with them (can't see your account) are third world compared to more modern ships. And we thought the United States dinning room had no atmosphere compared to the Olympic grill on Mille. But did any of these things spoil our cruise? NO.

Edited by Balloon Man

And we thought the United States dinning room had no atmosphere compared to the Olympic grill on Mille. But did any of these things spoil our cruise? NO.

Different strokes for different folks .... The SS US décor on Infinity is my favourite of all the M-class ships. [My husband disagrees.]

Chairs in MDR, cushions at pool, rust, very dirty windows. Really didn't bother me except for trying to take pictures out window.

There just are not too many options on getting back from South America by ship. We will fly one way, spend time at the Atacama desert, and take the ship back. I know it is older, but hopefully with a Royal suite it will be fine, and the new dining room should be great. We do not like the MDR on any ship because of the noise.

They really need to keep up on those little things. We were on the Century 2 years ago, and it looked really tired then. We took the Infinity from Florida to Chile 10 years ago. We were ending up on the Xpedition so stayed a few days and then went to Ecuador.

Thanks for your response.

Love the Xpedition 😊

We have been twice. Sorry to say it was not very good this month. Would not recommend, and loved it 10 years ago. Much has changed and the food was poor. Sorry, not hijacking the thread...just got,off. They should have never added that 6th deck. Horrible motion problems.

We have been sailing RC primarily but chose the Infinity for Around the Horn because we don't like the Vision class and the matching status is very nice. We are big fans of the Radiance class ships and size wise it looks like Infinity should be similar. Sad to read she's getting a bit worn but it happens. The Brilliance was getting there before her drydock. Hopefully Celebrity will address the issues.