Church in the Chapel?

CaliforniaAC

I've never heard of a service in the small chapel at HMC but for renewals.
IIRC weddings done there must be performed by a Bahamian officiant to be legal, so they aren't done often, and usually on Carnival cruises. Edited by catl331

IIRC weddings done there must be performed by a Bahamian officiant to be legal, so they aren't done often, and usually on Carnival cruises.

Cruise ship Captains do not have the power to officiate at weddings so the couple would have to arrange for clergy or authorized official to perform marriages in U.S. ports. Can't speak for other countries but you are likely right about the Bahamas.

Cruise ship Captains do not have the power to officiate at weddings so the couple would have to arrange for clergy or authorized official to perform marriages in U.S. ports. Can't speak for other countries but you are likely right about the Bahamas.

While HAL Captains are not authorized to perform marriages, any ship flagged in the Bahamas or Bermuda allow Captains to perform civil ceremonies.

Hi,

We will be on Half Moon Cay on Sunday, November 23rd on the Noordam.

I can't recall ever seeing a service there in the Chapel.

Does HAL have them?

Where would we find out about it?

Thanks,

AC

I believe the industry wide practice is to provide a chapel or similar space, but not to provide an officiant or schedule any formal services for fear of having to do so for all faiths and denominations. If a priest, minister, or rabbi is onboard, they can arrange at Guest Services for a note in the daily if they want to hold services, but it generally isn't anything done by the line. I would assume that applies to the private islands as well.

I believe the industry wide practice is to provide a chapel or similar space, but not to provide an officiant or schedule any formal services for fear of having to do so for all faiths and denominations. If a priest, minister, or rabbi is onboard, they can arrange at Guest Services for a note in the daily if they want to hold services, but it generally isn't anything done by the line. I would assume that applies to the private islands as well.

HAL has a priest on almost every cruise. There are sometimes clergy of other faiths. Most usually if there is no priest it is because of a last minute cancellation or such. Priest usually holds daily mass.