Luxury Hotel Miami

WhenIsOurNextCruise

Looking for recommendations for luxury hotel close to cruise terminal, waterfront, kid friendly, hopefully plenty of shopping and restaurants within walking distance for single day/night before cruise. Intercontinental appears to not have availability for the date we need. Suggestions appreciated! Thank you.

Looking for recommendations for luxury hotel close to cruise terminal, waterfront, kid friendly, hopefully plenty of shopping and restaurants within walking distance for single day/night before cruise. Intercontinental appears to not have availability for the date we need. Suggestions appreciated! Thank you.

Luxury on the water.... The Mandarin Oriental on Brickell Key is great. The Epic is another. There is a Marriott Marquis but it's not directly on the water neither is The Four Seasons, The JW Marriott or The Conrad. Some of the higher rooms will have water view however and all are in the same area. All also have a pool.

While the Hilton Conrad is not on the water, it is an outstanding hotel/condo with a great view of the water. Our room was like a mini condo with a balcony, beautiful kitchen, two bathrooms, living room, king bed, jet tub, etc. It was so nice that I plan to stay there every time I cruise out of Miami.

ImageUploadedByForums1442713733.454402.jpg.d1e7108a229b61ee994c1392e1d6241b.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1442713707.240924.jpg.0141d23cab47a0c9edd93320e94184e1.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1442713791.316562.jpg.8bd8c57767d2f7768aa3cd65125ee8cd.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1442713889.180928.jpg.a130357ae5ce6170cc2ad8bf9a9fb26f.jpg

Edited by dchoney

Luxury on the water.... The Mandarin Oriental on Brickell Key is great. The Epic is another. There is a Marriott Marquis but it's not directly on the water neither is The Four Seasons, The JW Marriott or The Conrad. Some of the higher rooms will have water view however and all are in the same area. All also have a pool.

Thanks for responding. I like the Epic because I like Kimpton. How is the area around it? Between the Epic and the Mandarin, which has better shopping and dining options within walking distance?

Thanks

Thanks for responding. I like the Epic because I like Kimpton. How is the area around it? Between the Epic and the Mandarin, which has better shopping and dining options within walking distance?

Thanks

I like the Epic but the Vicory across the Miami River has a much better pool if that is a factor.

I also am a big fan of the Mandarin Oriental.

Thanks

They are both within a few blocks of each other. The Mandarin is over a small bridge on a man made island called Brickell Key. There is a man made beach area and a pool that is right on the water. There is also a small park area right next door. Lots of families live over on the island. This will be quieter than the Epic and honestly if I had children with me, I would chose this hotel over the Epic.

I like the Epic but the Vicory across the Miami River has a much better pool if that is a factor.

I also am a big fan of the Mandarin Oriental.

I know how much you love this pool!

This is one pool that you do not see a lot of kids at and the Viceroy lobby becomes loud with club goers at night on the weekends.

I know how much you love this pool!

This is one pool that you do not see a lot of kids at and the Viceroy lobby becomes loud with club goers at night on the weekends.

Didn't see the thing about the kid, don't know how I missed it.

I agree the Mandarin Oriental would be a better pick.

The closest luxury hotels to the port are Epic and Mandarin.

Mandarin is more luxurious and Epic is more of a boutique hotel.

Mandarin has a nice outdoor area with a manmade beach.

Both have nice dining.

Just a few miles further away is the Four Seasons Hotel. It has a very nice outdoor pool area and a nice restaurant.

You can't go wrong wit any of them.

I am familiar with all three of them, but for me Four Seasons is the one we prefer.

Keith

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'm checking availability, but I like the idea of the manmade beach for our grandson. We are Kimpton (the Epic) Loyalty Members and like their hotels, but I'm thinking a little more grand for Miami. Thanks again.

I spend quite a bit of time over at the beach at the Mandarin and just love it. There is a lot of boating activity that goes by on the weekends and it's kind of fun to watch while sitting in a lounge chair with a drink in hand. I live on Brickell Ave on the 43rd floor and can actually see the beach. Our friends just stayed here over the 4th of July weekend and it was wonderful.

The pool at the Four Seasons is much larger and has a smaller pool that is very shallow in the back with palm trees in it as well hammocks. There are also covered cabana type areas that you can sit in around this pool for free.

If it's during basketball season, a lot of the teams that are here in town to play the Heat happen to stay at the Four Seasons.

While the Hilton Conrad is not on the water, it is an outstanding hotel/condo with a great view of the water. Our room was like a mini condo with a balcony, beautiful kitchen, two bathrooms, living room, king bed, jet tub, etc. It was so nice that I plan to stay there every time I cruise out of Miami.

[ATTACH]363052[/ATTACH][ATTACH]363053[/ATTACH]][ATTACH]363051[/ATTACH]

Did you rent directly from the hotel or from one of the owners? I stayed there a few times while looking for a place to live over here and each time it was just a regular hotel room. Same with two of my friends.

Edited by cjskids

I spend quite a bit of time over at the beach at the Mandarin and just love it. There is a lot of boating activity that goes by on the weekends and it's kind of fun to watch while sitting in a lounge chair with a drink in hand. I live on Brickell Ave on the 43rd floor and can actually see the beach. Our friends just stayed here over the 4th of July weekend and it was wonderful.

The pool at the Four Seasons is much larger and has a smaller pool that is very shallow in the back with palm trees in it as well hammocks. There are also covered cabana type areas that you can sit in around this pool for free.

If it's during basketball season, a lot of the teams that are here in town to play the Heat happen to stay at the Four Seasons.

Yes, when we have stayed at the Four Seasons during the season we often see the visiting team there. They are easy to pick out.

Keith

I hate to throw a wrench in things but the Surfcomber in South Beach is a Kimpton Hotel and is spectacular! Kids absolutely go nuts over the beach and it is directly oceanfront.

That is perfectly okay. I like wrenches and options! I had looked at it and it looked a little funky, but I'll go look at it again. Question - is it on the Ocean Side of the street or do you have to cross the street to the beach? Thanks!

That is perfectly okay. I like wrenches and options! I had looked at it and it looked a little funky, but I'll go look at it again. Question - is it on the Ocean Side of the street or do you have to cross the street to the beach? Thanks!

It's directly on the ocean.

Did you rent directly from the hotel or from one of the owners? I stayed there a few times while looking for a place to live over here and each time it was just a regular hotel room. Same with two of my friends.

Directly through the Hilton. I used points for the stay. I am a Diamond member but it was 89,000 points per night! Way too many points but worth it in the end.

• 2 weeks later...