polynesian cultural center evening show and transportation

landlockedinarizona

I was REALLY wanting to go to the evening show that ends at 9pm. My cruise leaves Honolulu at 11. The Polynesian cultural center offers shuttles to wakiki hotels. But they look like they might get me in too late. If I rent a car, it looks like I need to return it near the airport. That will also cost (possibly too much) time. Has anyone found a way to make this work?

Edited by landlockedinarizona

I was REALLY wanting to go to the evening show that ends at 9pm. My cruise leaves Honolulu at 11. The Polynesian cultural center offers shuttles to wakiki hotels. But they look like they might get me in too late. If I rent a car, it looks like I need to return it near the airport. That will also cost (possibly too much) time. Has anyone found a way to make this work?

private helicopter?

Took an all day package directly with PCC last month.

The show ends at nine - then the crowd filters out to the parking lot.

Then the driver waits for all of his group to show up (we had the same bus and driver as in the morning). Closer to 9:30 before they leave. Not to Waikiki till way past 10. You're probably supposed to be on board by 10:30 if the ship sails at 11. Even if you can board until 11 - risky business to try.

Sorry to say in this case, but the show is fantastic.

If your ship does not offer this "tour", it's probably because they know the timing is not appropriate to the ship's departure time. If the show lets out at 9, you probably won't get out of the parking lot until 9:30. Slow going traffic from the PCC (ever try to leave a baseball game at the same time as very one else?), meet the Honolulu traffic mess, and you'd be lucky to even get to your ship by 11pm to watch it sail away...

• 1 month later...

i have been wanting to do this too and looking at how to do it. They have a circle the Island tour that includes more than the one the cruise line offers. Yes the cruise line does offer it so why should I not be able to get back in time. I am just not getting a response from the PCC.

The luau really isn't the big deal at PCC. It is just a buffet in a large dining area and the show is after. The show and the exhibits at PCC are worth going to. It was a lot of fun.

Edited by RUDIMAY1

Would agree it's risky. You need to be back on board at 10:30 pm for a 11pm sailaway. And it's the PCC is in the north east corner of Oahu.

My college roomie and I were on a 9-day Hawaiian tour back in 1990 when the PCC was offered as a choice for one of the Honolulu nights (the other choice was an expensive restaurant and everyone else did that). The luau was meh (fortunately we did a much better one on Maui a few days later). The show was fabulous but not worth missing your ship over.

If you're on a Princess cruise, there will be a great show that evening featuring a local hula troupe. And on sea days, a great Hawaiian cultural program, especially if Elua is on your cruise.