Queen Mary 2 - Photo Tour and Voyage Report

ShipsInBergen

We recently returned from an Eastbound Transatlantic on QM2, and the first main section of my voyage report is now up on my blog for anyone who is interested:

http://shipsinbergen.blogspot.no/2015/01/queen-mary-2-photo-tour-and-voyage_22.html

I had been planning a much more comprehensive photo tour, but sadly the Martini menu in the commodore club had something to say about that :p

I'll post back on here as the remaining sections are published over the next couple of days.

BY the way - Bergen - one of my favorite places I have ever visited on the QM2. I loved the fjords, loved Flam also.

My husband and I would wake up every day at 5Am so we could watch the ship make its way through the fjord for that day's port, then eat a quick bite at the buffet, then back to bed until 9!

That was the weirdest schedule ever on board the QM2, but what a journey. We were there in May - tulips everywhere!

I really enjoyed your report and impressive pictures. What sort of camera/lens do you use?

I have recently started to take an interest in photography & treated myself to a new DLSR camera especially for cruise trips. Still got to get to grips with the functions and how to get the best out of it.

Thank you all again for the kind comments! It's nice to know people are enjoying the photos :)

I really enjoyed your report and impressive pictures. What sort of camera/lens do you use?

I have recently started to take an interest in photography & treated myself to a new DLSR camera especially for cruise trips. Still got to get to grips with the functions and how to get the best out of it.

All the photos on my blog are taken with my phone camera (a 2 year old Samsung Galaxy S3) and are unfiltered and unedited. I find it easier having the camera handy in my pocket so I can take a photo any time.

I've been thinking though of getting a decent camera soon - using the one on my phone does have limitations, particularly in low light, and it would be nice to have an optical zoom too :).

Cool to see that there were other norwegians onboard on this crossing! I absolutely loved that sunset, and even the crew from the Terrace Pool Bar did take their phones out to get some pictures of it :) Also thanks for the other great pics.

Cool to see that there were other norwegians onboard on this crossing! I absolutely loved that sunset, and even the crew from the Terrace Pool Bar did take their phones out to get some pictures of it :) Also thanks for the other great pics.

Yeah it was a great sunset! I just happened to stick my head out of the balcony and saw the sky, so headed up to the top decks as fast as I could!

I too wish to say thank you for your blog and wonderful photos! I know how much effort goes into these having done a few myself in the past.

We will be sailing in 4 weeks, our first cruise on QM2 so not really knowing what to expect. We have a Guaranteed Sheltered Balcony cabin, not allocated as yet so it was nice to see photos of that.

We prefer to take all meals in the dining room to avoid the crush of the buffets and also to meet fellow passengers in comfort.

Once again - thank you!

Gae

Edited by gaechann

I too wish to say thank you for your blog and wonderful photos! I know how much effort goes into these having done a few myself in the past.

We will be sailing in 4 weeks, our first cruise on QM2 so not really knowing what to expect. We have a Guaranteed Sheltered Balcony cabin, not allocated as yet so it was nice to see photos of that.

We prefer to take all meals in the dining room to avoid the crush of the buffets and also to meet fellow passengers in comfort.

Once again - thank you!

Gae

This was also my first trip with Cunard, and I was a little anxious after reading a lot of the reviews and comments on here, so expectations were adjusted accordingly.

I can honestly say that it is one of the best trips I have taken. We were really happy with the sheltered balcony cabin, and also preferred to eat in the MDR for most meals. We found the food there was always at least decent, and occasionally brilliant! Definitely nothing to complain about from us :D

Thanks for your kind comments on the blog :)

We recently returned from an Eastbound Transatlantic on QM2, and the first main section of my voyage report is now up on my blog for anyone who is interested:

http://shipsinbergen.blogspot.no/2015/01/queen-mary-2-photo-tour-and-voyage_22.html

I had been planning a much more comprehensive photo tour, but sadly the Martini menu in the commodore club had something to say about that :p

I'll post back on here as the remaining sections are published over the next couple of days.

Thanks for your review.

I appreciate the time and effort taken so a little thanks to acknowledge :)

This was also my first trip with Cunard, and I was a little anxious after reading a lot of the reviews and comments on here, so expectations were adjusted accordingly.

I can honestly say that it is one of the best trips I have taken. We were really happy with the sheltered balcony cabin, and also preferred to eat in the MDR for most meals. We found the food there was always at least decent, and occasionally brilliant! Definitely nothing to complain about from us :D

Thanks for your kind comments on the blog :)

Great to hear!

We have just been allocated our sheltered balcony cabin - 6186 so hoping it's not too noisy with the buffet above!

Gae