Alitalia Business Class 777-200

ptrpanpens

I am flying Alitalia business class on the 777-200 from FCO to LAX nonstop.

Has anyone taken this plane and if so, how did you like it? Some of the reviews I have read rave about the food and the seat comfort so was just curious.

I was able to book this flight with 62,500 Air France miles which I thought was a great deal.

I am flying Alitalia business class on the 777-200 from FCO to LAX nonstop.

Has anyone taken this plane and if so, how did you like it? Some of the reviews I have read rave about the food and the seat comfort so was just curious.

I was able to book this flight with 62,500 Air France miles which I thought was a great deal.

Flew the Alitalia 777 in Magnifica Class last year from JFK to FCO. Honestly, it was one of the best TATL flights I've had. I had seat 1L - a very private window seat. It was comfy in both seated and lie-flat positions. I slept very well. The amenity bag offered was nice - different for men/women. The women's bag was a clutch bag filled with Ferragamo Tuscan Soul products (the same ones that the Waldorf Astoria uses as bath amenities). The food was excellent for the variety and preparation. It came in courses and was served from serving dishes onto plates in the quantity you wanted. I chose the basic ziti with San Marzano tomato sauce and it was done just right. I had a fish course for the entree and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The wine was pleasant enough and the FAs circulated through the cabin refilling the entire time. There was a little buffet set up in the galley if you wanted more to nibble on. I don't remember much of the pre-arrival breakfast, but I know it was the first time I tried anchovy and I loved it.

One of the best things about flying Magnifica is that you have access to the Alitalia lounge at FCO if you want. It's small, but a nice place to sit and have a beverage and a snack. AND you get to go directly to the Alitalia terminal and bypass that T5 nonsense that you must do if you fly a US airline back to the US.

Previous TATL business class experience was on Delta, Air France, American.

Edited by slidergirl

Flew the Alitalia 777 in Magnifica Class last year from JFK to FCO

One of the best things about flying Magnifica is that you have access to the Alitalia lounge at FCO if you want. It's small, but a nice place to sit and have a beverage and a snack. AND you get to go directly to the Alitalia terminal and bypass that T5 nonsense that you must do if you fly a US airline back to the US.

We've twice flown out of FCO in DL biz class and both times found "small" to be an understatement when it comes to the lounge there. Wall to wall people crammed in like sardines... WAY worse than even the B9 Sky Closet at ATL, LOL.

Alitalia has a good business class seat. It is essentially the same seat used by Austrian, Swiss, Iberia, as well as some planes in the American and Delta 767 fleets. It goes fully flat and is quite comfortable for sleeping. It is on the narrow side and the space for your feet when sleeping can be a bit tight, so it can be a bit uncomfortable for larger people. Overall it is very nice and comfortable and a good way to travel that long distance. It's better than the old Air France business class seats that are still flying, so it is a good use of your points.

Not sure if it was the exact same Magnifica class flat-bed last year from FCO, but it was one of the best flights we had.

We slept well, after a wonderful dinner.

The dinner service was from platters on a trolley, with the flight attendants more like head waiters at a fine hotel. (How DO they manage that one-handed way of using two utensils to serve pasta!??)

And we asked for seconds :)

That's not something we usually want with airline food!

• 3 months later...

Just returned from Alitalia 777 business class FCO to LAX. This was an excellent flight, relatively speaking. The seats were comfortable and I actually got a lot of sleep. There was a lot of food if you wanted it and served elegantly not with plastic utensils. The quality was very good for airline food.

Personally I liked the fact that they had very nice looking Italian men as stewards in the business class cabin, so you felt as if you were in a nice Italian restaurant. Others may or may not agree. Lol:D

Highly recommend this flight in business class.