New to cruises

Hi

I'm hoping to book the epic next year for western med cruise. Is this a good ship or can you recommend want to get it right as it's for our 25th wedding anniversary

The Epic us a larger ship for about 4300, we like the smaller ships.

Entertainment is good on the Epic. The things that we didn't like about the ship are many of its design features. The pool area is very small and overcrowded, so it is not usable. There is no promenade deck to walk. The bathroom design in the cabins splits the toilet from shower and the toilet room door is textured glass, so it someone is using the toilet, anyone in the cabin will hear everything. IF you have guests, they have to leave if you use the toilet. Balconies are small.

Food was good, but not as good as on the Sun.

Hi

I'm hoping to book the epic next year for western med cruise. Is this a good ship or can you recommend want to get it right as it's for our 25th wedding anniversary

For your first cruise you might be better in a smaller ship. If you want to do western Med then the Spirit might be a better start. It is an older ship and most of the itineraries are port intensive cruises, but it may give you a better feel for traditional cruising with only half the amount of cruisers with you. There are a few less choices, but the Spirit has some very endearing, unique features

Edited by mugtech
spelling

As you are looking at a western med cruise, you will not be spending a lot of time on the ship. There is only one sea day. Most of the time you will be in a port. We have been on Epic for a caribbean cruise, and yes, she seemed more crowded than we were used to on other ships. However, we always found places to sit, to eat, etc. Entertainment was good. We are taking Epic in a month on our first Med cruise, and can hardly wait!

I would have to agree with the suggestion about a smaller ship. I have taken a few Mediterranean cruises, and one was on the Epic. The crowds on that ship out-weighed the extras of the ship. I would by far recommend you start with and when possible stay with a small to mid-sized ship.