Victor Boden vs Daniel Johnson question..and beach

SunnyKitty

I have been to Roatan once and we used Victor Boden guide and were quite happy.

This February we are coming back and I would have used him again in , but ... sloths! My son is so dreaming of holding one.

so .. is it possible to take Boden tours, but step at Dan Johnson place?

Does Daniel have same amount of monkeys and other animals as Victor? Or we need to visit both for my little animal lover?

I don't like Daniel not having site or any info on price and tour options. I know I can contact him on FB, but prefer to have some numbers to start with. I also do not sure if friedns will join us and if he can accommodate larger crowd.

what beach will be clam enough for little ones, but still has snorkeling? West bay?

I have been to Roatan once and we used Victor Boden guide and were quite happy.

This February we are coming back and I would have used him again in , but ... sloths! My son is so dreaming of holding one.

so .. is it possible to take Boden tours, but step at Dan Johnson place?

Does Daniel have same amount of monkeys and other animals as Victor? Or we need to visit both for my little animal lover?

I don't like Daniel not having site or any info on price and tour options. I know I can contact him on FB, but prefer to have some numbers to start with. I also do not sure if friedns will join us and if he can accommodate larger crowd.

what beach will be clam enough for little ones, but still has snorkeling? West bay?

I sent a Facebook message to Daniel Johnson. It's $10 per person. We are also using Victor Bodden Tours but might like to see the sloths instead of Victor's monkey business. Need a photo with Sid from Ice Age!

• 4 months later...

Bumping this cause I am curious about this as well.

We booked Rony all day private tour and want to see the sloths before heading to West Bay Beach for rest of day. Can we go to Daniel's animal preserve if we don't book tour with him? I'm assuming Rony won't have an issue with it.

Bumping this cause I am curious about this as well.

We booked Rony all day private tour and want to see the sloths before heading to West Bay Beach for rest of day. Can we go to Daniel's animal preserve if we don't book tour with him? I'm assuming Rony won't have an issue with it.

I'll let you know in a couple of weeks because this is the exact plan we have!!

We have used both Bodden and Rony Tours. We prefer Rony. BOTH are great though. With that said, Rony will take you to Daniel Johnson's Sloth And Monkey hangout. Awesome place to see both the monkeys, sloths, and other animals.

You can then go to West Bay Beach and enjoy your time there or do whatever else you would like. Even Gumbalimba Park is right there at West Bay Beach. Lots of options with going with the local guides.

We just used Rony Tours once again last week and had an amazing time there.

We did daniel Johnsons twice in the last 5 months. we loved it. for 30$ a person they pick you up right out side the port, you get a full island tour ( ask for Emma she was great) then she takes you to the sanctuary, there are 7 different types of animals in cages and the sloths that are not in a cage. You get to hold the sloth, get in the cage with the capuchin monkeys and they climb on you. you get to hold little parrots and then big parrots. you are at the animals for 45 mins to 1 hour. then if you want to do a beach time. They will d=take you to a gorgeous resort, Parrot Tree Plantation, that has a huge calm water lagoon. you can use the beach and the beach chairs and beach beds for free, they have a beach bar and if you are hungry they have good food. My son loved the huge nachos. there is also a rental shack if you dont have your own snorkel and stuff. we w=rented 1 hour of power snorkel and had a blast. they are torpedo like things you hold in the water, push the button and it pulls you through the water. if yu want to use the pool at the resort you have to pay for a pass. it was a wonderful day .

I'll let you know in a couple of weeks because this is the exact plan we have!!

Are you on the June 10-17 Escape sailing? If so we will probably run into each other.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

Im doing Daniel Johnson's next month and he only offers a few excursions that include his hangout,and they are ALL very reasonable.

Someone above said it was $30. maybe that is with an add-on. Its $10 a pp if you get there on your own. and $20 pp if he picks you up and returns you to the ship. 4 and under get in free. His pics and videos on his FB page are SO precious!!!