Westin Europa Venice

poss

Would be interested to hear how people staying here got to hotel from airport and from hotel to port.

Also any tips about moderate priced lunch and dinner places nearby.

Thank you.

The hotel web site provides info.

http://www.westineuropareginavenice.com/en/how-to-reach-us-public-transportation

The Alilaguna, blue line looks to be a good optionfor both trips.

Hopefully you can easily manage your luggage. Map of hotel -alilaguna stop :

http://www.westineuropareginavenice.com/en/how-to-reach-us-public-transportation

A private water taxi direct to your hotel's dock from the airport would be about 110E.

Edited by mapleleaves
Not done

• 2 months later...

If you have not left yet. Few years ago I stayed at the Regina. I arranged through the hotel to be picked up at the airport. They took me to a water taxi, it took me right to the hotel. To the port the same, water taxi to the port. It cost more but was worth it to me. When I went they don't drop you off right at the terminal. It was about a 1.4 mile away. The collect your bags that you are not carrying on and get them to the ship. You can walk to the terminal or they did have a shuttle that ran back and forth.

There is a restaurant right at the hotel, very good lunch. Best French fries I have had. Most to the restaurants for dinner do not open until 730 -8 o'clock. I did find a bar that was serving bar snacks the first day I was there, for dinner, that was open. Best grilled cheese sandwich I have ever had.

The coffee for room service in the morning was excellent.

I arrived in Venice via train from Milan. Walked down to the canal side vaporetto stand. Bought a ticket, hopped on. Dropped off at the nearest station to the Europa & Regina, San Marco-Vallaresso). Walked (with my roller) over I think 1, maybe 2, bridges, down some pathways to the hotel. Not a long walk, and not a bad walk if you aren't schlepping tons of bags.

Thanks for these new responses.

We're elderly, so can't handle the Vaporetto with luggage. Can't do the bridges, etc with luggage. Will need to take a water taxi. Last time we stayed at that hotel, we did what Greg did. This time I'm hoping that we'll be ok just getting the water taxi on our own. It's so expensive that other way; I hope I'm not being foolish.

Greg: Who exactly collects our luggage and somehow gets it to the ship? Makes me a little uneasy.

Slider girl: Did you have any pleasant not real expensive meals when you stayed at the Westin?

Thanks to both.

Thanks for these new responses.

We're elderly, so can't handle the Vaporetto with luggage. Can't do the bridges, etc with luggage. Will need to take a water taxi. Last time we stayed at that hotel, we did what Greg did. This time I'm hoping that we'll be ok just getting the water taxi on our own. It's so expensive that other way; I hope I'm not being foolish.

Greg: Who exactly collects our luggage and somehow gets it to the ship? Makes me a little uneasy.

Slider girl: Did you have any pleasant not real expensive meals when you stayed at the Westin?

Thanks to both.

Sounds like you do need to order a water taxi. The concierge there can arrange it for you.

As meals - I only ate breakfast at the Westin. I was there on a points stay, so paying the money for the breakfast buffet was OK. For every other meal, just wandered around and stopped when something "called" to me. No names or locations remembered, sorry. Lunches were just panini bought at bars and stood while eating. Dinners were just some small trattorias that we ran into as we walked around.

They were the porters from the dock, like any other cruise terminal. My luggage arrive to my cabin, no problem.

Yet we were the only ship leaving that day.

Another thing, for places to eat. I looked for places that were off the beaten path. Found some very good places.