Freeport and Nassau Ship To Port Area

Have a friend who can walk a little and will take a riding tour but can anyone tell me if there is a golf cart or anything that will take her from just off the ship into the port area. She's just been diagnosed with lung cancer, never smoked and it's melanoma..yeah skin cancer in her lungs, another reason to stay out of the sun (PSA)

Thanks

Have a friend who can walk a little and will take a riding tour but can anyone tell me if there is a golf cart or anything that will take her from just off the ship into the port area. She's just been diagnosed with lung cancer, never smoked and it's melanoma..yeah skin cancer in her lungs, another reason to stay out of the sun (PSA)

Thanks

Recently in Nassau and there is no golf cart or other transportation provided by either the ship or the port to transport anyone once off the ship.

Never been to Port of Freeport so have no information.

Suggest your friend consider bringing a collapsible wheelchair.

Nassau isn't a far walk to shops and such...a wheelchair could be used..assuming she's bringing one.

I don't think there's anything close in Freeport...it's an industrial port, really...you will need transportation to almost anywhere there

Nassau: Getting off the ship and through the terminal is too far for anyone with lung problems to attempt. Highly recommend that she uses either a wheelchair or mobility scooter.

In Freeport, the ships dock in a special built tourist port (lots of shops). To my knowledge, there is only one pier that is close to transportation, so chances are it would be rather far to walk.

Getting from one end of the ship to the other end may not be that easy for her. She should definitely consider some sort of a mobile device. My legs work fine, but I cannot walk any distance because of the exertion. Just too much for my lungs.

Mobile scooter is great for independence, but transportation outside the ports can be a challenge.

Have a wonderful cruise,

Betty

Freeport is an industrial port. They have built a small tourist area for the cruise ships. Basically, it amounts to a Senior Frogs.

Nassau is managable however if you end up on the furtherest pier, it is quite a walk just to get to the tourist area. A scooter or wheelchair is a must. The main street in Nassau is accessible, but some of the side streets are not.

My partner is parapledgic and of course uses a chair. If we do a port, we tend to go off grid. That of course is dependant on my man-handling the chair when needed. As long as you stay in the tourist areas in Nassau you will be fine. The Govenor General's house or the Cathedral would be a bit of a stretch for a wheelchair unless someone able bodied is there to push and help with curbs.