St. Lucia excursions

tsxgray1

We have only been there once and toured with Cosol. To this day though, after visiting nearly every island in the Caribbean, in some cases multiple times, Cosol was the most memorable tour we have EVER done. I cannot wait to go back to St. Lucia and do it all over again!

We did Cosol and loved it. The owner was great with prompt replies to emails and providing thorough info.

We ended up doing a private excursion day as it wasn't much more than a group one and St. Lucia was our feature port of interest. We did what we wanted, in the sequence we wanted, and for how long at each stop that we wanted. We had a new air conditioned van to ourselves and it was the owner that met us at the pier and took us out for the day.

We still talk about it as the best excursion we have ever done.

I spent many hours/days researching St Lucia excursions since Princess doesn't really offer much. Trip Advisor has a lot of great reviews.

Cosol is at the top, but might not be the way to go if you'd like to be more active. I read many complaints about too much time spent in van.

Spencer Ambrose Tours have a nice selection, highly rated. We're going with Spencer's Land, Sea & Beach Adventure, which includes the Toraille Waterfall & Gardens, Sulphur Springs, Jalousie Beach (great snorkeling), Scenic Coastal Cruise by Speedboat, Bat Cave, Marigot Bay, lunch, snacks, beverages (water, soda, beer, rum punch).

Fabulous island with so many amazing things to experience. I don't understand why Princess didn't offer better excursions here.

Edited by cruiseJMO

I have done both Cosol’s and Herod’s tours. Both tours are very good, but I prefer Herod’s over Cosol’s.

The specific tour I’m referring to is Herod’s Land & Sea Safari. The things I preferred with Herod are:

1) Lunch was served at his mother’s house on the veranda. It was a very good meal and a wonderful setting. Cosol’s lunch was standing at a large table in a parking lot and picking at appetizers for lunch.

2) Both tours took us to Jalousie beach between the Pitons, but Herod had much nicer boats for the trip there.

3) The return trip to the ship; Herod took us by fast boats and Cosol returned us by van. The tour is a long way and I was not crazy about the long trip back in the van. Besides, the return trip is during heavy traffic and takes quite a while.

Most other things about the tours were pretty similar.

I must add that St. Lucia is a very beautiful island and both of these tours take you to see the highlights of the island. If you have never been to St. Lucia before I highly recommend you take one of these tours (or a similar one)

I have done both Cosol’s and Herod’s tours. Both tours are very good, but I prefer Herod’s over Cosol’s.

The specific tour I’m referring to is Herod’s Land & Sea Safari. The things I preferred with Herod are:

1) Lunch was served at his mother’s house on the veranda. It was a very good meal and a wonderful setting. Cosol’s lunch was standing at a large table in a parking lot and picking at appetizers for lunch.

2) Both tours took us to Jalousie beach between the Pitons, but Herod had much nicer boats for the trip there.

3) The return trip to the ship; Herod took us by fast boats and Cosol returned us by van. The tour is a long way and I was not crazy about the long trip back in the van. Besides, the return trip is during heavy traffic and takes quite a while.

I must add that St. Lucia is a very beautiful island and both of these tours take you to see the highlights of the island. If you have never been to St. Lucia before I highly recommend you take one of these tours (or a similar one)

This is a great review/comparison of the two. Thanks! I remember reading a lot of good things about Herod himself. I spent so much time reading reviews for a tour of this incredible island that has so much to see. Maybe you could put this exact review on trip advisor under Cosols. I'm sure it would be much appreciated by many like myself.

• 4 weeks later...

Yes. Yes. and Yes. I completely agree with everything this person said. You won't be sorry if you book with Herod!

Molly

• 1 month later...

I just did a tour with Spencer and can not imagine a more enjoyable experience. I am sure there are other professional run tours but Spencer got us where we wanted to go before all the other crowds which let our group always have the feeling that it was our piece of paradise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You may want to look at shoreexcursionsgroup dot com as you do your research. You can get an additional discount if you are a Costco member. We went by catamaran both ways and you could have an infinite variety of activites for the shore portion. We had a gigantic catamaran on the return and there were people from several hotels and the other ship in port who had all been on different tours. Maybe more cost-effiecient for them but probably not the type of trip most people are looking for when they book an independent tour. On land we had about 11 passengers and a guide and driver.

Hi, Wish I could stay longer at St Lucia, Amazing views from the upper mountains/roads. Keep in mind if there is many ships in port the Island traffic is routed different and some roads up and back are set to "one way" making congestion a bear. We had 4 ships in port. A lot of cool bays and fishing villages. Port dock area has 2 locations ship dock and lots of misc shopping thought. While there, we had a nice 2 hr privite tour there. I found a mail here on cc on a review. I investigated and it was a winner for us. Got up to some heights to look down on the Isle. Very reasonable and with the minivan all went well, had a newer vehicle (A/C was great) and operator was very very nice & clear herself "Four of us went on for like a hundred bucks"

other options like going to the mud-baths was the longer 4hr tour we opted out of. most start at 9 am

send inquiry to celia underscore 127 at hotmail com as I did, replies came slow but I did get them all

Good Luck

~ D

We used Franks Tours last month and it was superb. Frank was wonderful. His comprehensive knowledge of the island and the ease with which he responded to all our questions was very impressive. We enjoyed the drive into the volcano and the mud bath was awesome. We definitely recommend Frank's Tours

• 3 months later...
Reached out to Spencer twice now with no reply. 😞

I can't imagine Spencer not replying. They were always so quick to reply to all of my emails.

I just did a tour with Spencer and can not imagine a more enjoyable experience. I am sure there are other professional run tours but Spencer got us where we wanted to go before all the other crowds which let our group always have the feeling that it was our piece of paradise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I feel so bad because I never got a chance to put in my review.

Spencer's was truly the best excursion I've ever taken. He was awesome, his daughters were awesome, a guy I referred to as Dread was awesome, so was another nice gentlemen who's name I'll have to look up.

It was so much fun; they made sure of that.

[emoji1] [emoji2] [emoji3] [emoji4] [emoji5] [emoji6] [emoji12] [emoji13] [emoji14] [emoji41] [emoji217] [emoji223] [emoji225] [emoji224] [emoji227] [emoji226]

• 3 months later...