Victory 4 night or sensation 5?

lmf24lmf

Looking for opinions on deciding between these two choices. After doing a bunch of Bahamas cruises in a row looking for a shorter carribean cruise. Victory visits Cozumel (love the amazing race) and key west. Sensation visits grand cayman and Ocho rio. Are the ships similiar?

I think the Sensation is smaller than Victory. Im doing the 5 night to Ochi and Grand Cayman on the Sensation in November. Ive said the others in the Fantasy class and I like this class of ship.

Sent from my SM-T377P using Tapatalk

Tough decision. Ship wise, I'd prefer Victory but I think Sensation just got renovated with some 2.0 features.

However, I'd usually chose the extra night over one port stop. Usually the stops in Key West are really short and don't seem to be worth it.

Sent from Tapatalk

Thank! I see you have cruised both ships. I realize it's a while ago, but which did you enjoy more?

Let me preface this by saying, I am only 27....so when I was on the Victory I was 15, 2nd time on victory was 19. On the sensation I was 16....that all being said, my parents booked the cruises, not me (although I wouldn't have objected anyway)

A lot of my time at 15 and 16 was spent in club o2 (teen club), but I participated in other general ship activities as well.

The Victory was out of New York to Canada. Different ports in Canada for the 2 times I went. The sensation was a western Caribbean from NOLA.

The Sensation cruise was the week before Katrina hit NOLA. That being said, we had to switch the order of 2 ports of call. We were supposed to stay in NOLA 2 days after the cruise but had to evacuate (Katrina hit the day after our return to NOLA).

Ship-wise (and like you said, it was a while ago, before ANY 2.0 upgrades), I am more comfortable and familiar with the Victory (Splendor has similar layout), with the lobby on 3, main inside bars and lounges on 3, 4 and promenade on 5. The layout of the Sensation took a little getting used to after being on the Victory for my first cruise.

That being said, I have enjoyed all of the carnival ships I have been on for different reasons (mostly because I always found a group my own age to hang out with), so I consider myself a complete waste for helping you pick which ship.

To make even less help for you, I love both Cozumel and Grand Cayman. So that doesn't help either because they are different ships.

If the difference in price between the two is negligible, I would pick using the following method:

More days equals longer vacation OR new ports equals new experiences

Sensation is my absolute favorite ship! Love that it is small ... you get to know some of the other travelers. Yep, she's a bit older but in true Carnival style, she is well maintained. And really, if you can cruise 5 days rather than 4, do it!!

• 1 month later...
To make even less help for you, I love both Cozumel and Grand Cayman. So that doesn't help either because they are different ships.

If the difference in price between the two is negligible, I would pick using the following method:

More days equals longer vacation OR new ports equals new experiences

Judging from your posts, you are wise beyond your years, Taylorcast. Thanks for your input!

• 2 weeks later...