Photo Review: RCCL Serenade of the Seas 10/9/16 New England & Canada

Thanks so much for he review! I'm looking forward to reading your cruise buddy's as well. We did this itinerary (leaving out of NYC in 2001, and are considering doing it again (but leaving out of Boston since I've never been there.) Last time our kids were tiny, and the next time we'll be traveling as empty-nesters. Will be interesting to see the ports again with our own eyes, instead of planning around what a 2 & 4 yr old will enjoy. My hubby still talks about the McLobster sandwich he had at a small mall we stopped at, so the kids could get a snack and run out some of their energy. LOL

Can't wait for the 2018 itineraries to be announced, so we can find out which boat will be doing this run. No matter which one it ends up being, it will be tiny compared to Oasis which we'll be on in September (first cruise without kids in 20 years!)

• 2 weeks later...
Although it's been said many times, thank you Heather for a very upbeat and objective review of your cruise. Your photos truly captures the beauty and splendor of New England and Canada.

Our family is taking this cruise September of 2017 and look forward to visiting many of spots you explored.

Thanks again

captaincupcake64 / Bob

Loved the pictures

Nothing beats a photo review

Great job!

Thank you both! Yes...the beauty of New England and Canada exceeded my expectations! Enjoy your cruise this fall!

Thanks so much for he review! I'm looking forward to reading your cruise buddy's as well. We did this itinerary (leaving out of NYC in 2001, and are considering doing it again (but leaving out of Boston since I've never been there.) Last time our kids were tiny, and the next time we'll be traveling as empty-nesters. Will be interesting to see the ports again with our own eyes, instead of planning around what a 2 & 4 yr old will enjoy. My hubby still talks about the McLobster sandwich he had at a small mall we stopped at, so the kids could get a snack and run out some of their energy. LOL

Can't wait for the 2018 itineraries to be announced, so we can find out which boat will be doing this run. No matter which one it ends up being, it will be tiny compared to Oasis which we'll be on in September (first cruise without kids in 20 years!)

You're quite welcome! Boston was a great city to spent a few days in pre-cruise! I'm sure this next cruise will be a very different experience from your last - Enjoy both your upcoming cruises! :)

• 1 month later...

This is fantastic! We are originally from Maine and have been to all of these places, many quite often. It was great to revisit....and in addition we just booked a cruise on the Serenade, in the same group of cabins in which you stayed. This was perfect!

Thanks for posting! I'm going out of NYC on Anthem in October and your review got me really excited! Your pictures are beautiful and really composed well. Spending a few days pre-cruise in NYC where I've been before, but have never been to Boston, Maine or the coastal Canadian stops. Can't wait!

Beautiful pictures. Thanks for sharing. We've done this itinerary twice.

You're quite welcome! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed reading along. This itinerary was better than I expected. I can see why you'd do it more than once!

Thanks for posting! I'm going out of NYC on Anthem in October and your review got me really excited! Your pictures are beautiful and really composed well. Spending a few days pre-cruise in NYC where I've been before, but have never been to Boston, Maine or the coastal Canadian stops. Can't wait!

Thank you on all counts! Glad to hear it generated excitement for your upcoming cruise! Enjoy your New England/Canada cruise this fall!

This is fantastic! We are originally from Maine and have been to all of these places, many quite often. It was great to revisit....and in addition we just booked a cruise on the Serenade, in the same group of cabins in which you stayed. This was perfect!

Thank you very much! Maine was even more beautiful than I expected! It's worth a trip just for the lobster alone!

I love the forward cabins! Happy cruising & thanks for reading along!

Thank you very much! Maine was even more beautiful than I expected! It's worth a trip just for the lobster alone!

I love the forward cabins! Happy cruising & thanks for reading along!

Heather,

Did I understand you correctly? You would make a trip just for the lobster?! :D

Just clarifying so I can use this against you in our future travels.

-Alaina

Heather,

Did I understand you correctly? You would make a trip just for the lobster?! :D

Just clarifying so I can use this against you in our future travels.

-Alaina

Let me clarify...I wouldn't make a trip for the lobster specific - but that lobster roll we had...absolutely!

Heather,

I enjoyed your review very much!

Photos are terrific.

It is also a bit nostalgic as we had the same cruise on Brilliance in 2013.

I cannot believe how great weather you had. On both of our Canada cruises much earlier than mid October we had more rain!

As I enjoyed your photos a lot and would like to see more... if in some reason you are up to Maritimes again and in St John, rent a car and drive to see Hopewell Rocks. Ships don't offer it, but it is amazing and very unusual place with tides that rise 45 ft every day.

Again, thank you for review

Thank you, Heather, for a very enjoyable review. Your pictures are stunning.:D

I'm trying to gather as much info as I can for our September longer cruise.

Appreciate the time you took to post the photo review.

Dani

Thanks for reading along! Glad you enjoyed! Enjoy your cruise in September!

Just booked for October 2018! There will be five cousins and their spouses. Thank you for all the information and the pictures. This has been a bucket list cruise for me.

That sounds like fun! Have a great trip! You're quite welcome! :)

Heather,

I enjoyed your review very much!

Photos are terrific.

It is also a bit nostalgic as we had the same cruise on Brilliance in 2013.

I cannot believe how great weather you had. On both of our Canada cruises much earlier than mid October we had more rain!

As I enjoyed your photos a lot and would like to see more... if in some reason you are up to Maritimes again and in St John, rent a car and drive to see Hopewell Rocks. Ships don't offer it, but it is amazing and very unusual place with tides that rise 45 ft every day.

Again, thank you for review

Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed the photos and reading along! We did luck out with the weather. It was pretty nice, other than on the top deck on several days it was pretty windy & chilly - no rain though at all! Oh...the Hopewell rocks were the MAIN thing I wanted to see before booking the cruise (when I first read about New England cruises several years ago). I'm not going to lie, I was a bit disappointed when I discovered there were no excursions offered through the ship. I guess there's always next time! :D

• 1 month later...

We just booked Serenade for October 2018, so I had to come back and look at your's and Alaina's pictures again. I'm even more excited now!! I'm wondering if the Parade of Nations is unique to Serenade, I don't recall seeing it mentioned in any other reviews.

• 1 month later...
Thanks for the review. Beautiful pictures. My DH and I are sailing in October 2017. Looking forward to seeing the fall foliage!

Carla

Enjoy your cruise! Thanks for reading along!

We just booked Serenade for October 2018, so I had to come back and look at your's and Alaina's pictures again. I'm even more excited now!! I'm wondering if the Parade of Nations is unique to Serenade, I don't recall seeing it mentioned in any other reviews.

Glad we could add to your pre-cruise excitement! Not sure since this was my first cruise on Royal. I'm guessing if they have it, it will be on the last sea day like ours. Look for it in your daily activity guide. It's worth checking out! Have a great cruise!

Thank you so much for this wonderful trip report. I took this cruise route (on a different cruise line) a few years ago, and absolutely loved it. Your gorgeous pictures brought back some great memories.

Also, I really appreciate all your pictures of this ship. I have a future cruise (to Norway) planned next year on this ship. Your pictures really made me happy, and made me look forward to this trip even more! Now, if I can only make it though the next 8-1/2 months...

:D

• 1 month later...
Thank you so much for this wonderful trip report. I took this cruise route (on a different cruise line) a few years ago, and absolutely loved it. Your gorgeous pictures brought back some great memories.

Also, I really appreciate all your pictures of this ship. I have a future cruise (to Norway) planned next year on this ship. Your pictures really made me happy, and made me look forward to this trip even more! Now, if I can only make it though the next 8-1/2 months...

:D

You're quite welcome. Thanks for reading along! Enjoy your cruise to Norway! I have a friend who lived there before and the pictures are gorgeous! Have fun!

thanks for the pictures!! im considering booking a cruise on this ship next year but with it being an older ship i was afraid that id be dissapointed with it after ive just got off the allure and that ship might of spoilt me.....