Crystal River Cruises

njguy_south

Hi, All:

It would be nice if Cruise Critic included individual river cruise line roll calls -- especially one for Crystal. I am booked on the Dec. 23, 2017, r/t Vienna Holiday Cruise in the Crystal Mozart on the Danube. It is like looking for a needle in a haystack to try and find anyone else who will be going (unless I am looking for the roll call incorrectly).

I have read a review of the 2016 cruise. The author included many pictures and much information, which I appreciated.

Has anyone else been on the Mozart? Any thoughts?

Search the river cruises forum as this post will be moved there - CC has a policy of pushing any river cruise discussion there

There are a few Mozart review threads - I can recall one from JohnKen, one from Jayajef and one from YVR

Yes, this should certainly be in the River Cruise section. You'll find much more pertinent info there. In the meantime, just do a search on the River Roll Call for your cruise and if no results then just start a roll call. They tend to not be all that active because the ships are so small.

Just got off the Mozart this past Saturday. If you love (even like!) the Crystal ocean ships, you'll love the Mozart. It is a stunning vessel with a crew that might be better than the ocean crews. There are a few things in the cabin that weren't well thought out. The worst is that the bed is larger than on the ocean ships and the closet doors are very difficult to open and use. Also, the storage isn't as plentiful, but the longest Mozart cruise is 11 days, so it is doable. The food selection isn't as extensive as the ocean ships, but is very Crystal. Also, they are able to load fresh food at most stops, so there is very little served that has been previously frozen. All in all, a wonderful experience!

Patty