Carnival Glory after dry dock

bitofun

Anyone have any new information on Glory? She was scheduled to come out of dry dock yesterday, March 10. Would love to hear from anyone cruising on her over the next several weeks. We will be back on the Glory April 29 :cool:

She sailed into Miami at about 2 this morning,

I'm looking forward to here about updates today also

We sail on her next week 3-18

I am looking at the ship's webcam right now. It is in port.

Awesome! Thanks for the updates! Will watch for more. Let us know how she is on your cruises :)

Also on 3/18 sailing. Really looking forward to warm weather as its a balmy 18 degrees in the Syracuse,NY area today with sub zero windchill. Hoping all is shipshape on the Glory and our post dry dock fears will be resolved before we board. I'm sure we'll be updated by those sailing today on the real story.

Also on 3/18 sailing. Really looking forward to warm weather as its a balmy 18 degrees in the Syracuse,NY area today with sub zero windchill. Hoping all is shipshape on the Glory and our post dry dock fears will be resolved before we board. I'm sure we'll be updated by those sailing today on the real story.

I hope so too for your sake but according to Carnival the work will continue throughout your sailing until 3/25

I hope so too for your sake but according to Carnival the work will continue throughout your sailing until 3/25

We have settled to the fact that waterworks will not be up and running

I'm just hoping the major construction is done by then

Currently on board the Glory. Waterworks still under construction, but other than that the ship looks great. 10-10:30 check in time and on board having lunch by 11:30. Very smooth day so far. If you have specifics I'll try to get an answer before we set sail...then the phone gets locked away.

d80c7315548e562a75e6f100ec5d2570.jpg

b168a3ced472f23e6bbe3c4806b418e9.jpg

Cool! Is the serenity area affected by the refurbishment? How many slides are there, John Heald said there would be 3, but I only see two?

Serenity is 100% open and completely unimpacted by any remaining work. f30ddde408205bee7db6dac69d1097ac.jpg

There are two large slides (one yellow and one blue in previous pics) and one small purple one for little kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Did they have to take away from the area the lounge chairs were to make room for water works?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The new water works doesn't really impact lounge areas. They have one level of the tiered lounge areas roped off, but I assume once work is completed loungers will be placed back there.

From the pictures posted it looks like most of the substantial work has been completed on the Waterworks area.

So, if even if the area is still closed I would suspect that there will be much less noise and smells coming from that area so hopefully the people on this cruise won't be as impacted as much as the two cruises prior to the dry dock.

There was an earlier pic of a pool that appeared open but is now closed. Which pool and is it a temporary closure?

Aft pool is closed today. Supposed to be open tomorrow, doesn't appear to be construction related. Main pool is wide open and the sail away party is hopping.

Only remaining construction appears to be waterworks and it's not disruptive at all so far.

Glory is headed out now!f4b7a1f9f933629914e4ed03b803b203.jpg